Should I bother to get University...

....or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.
12 answers Last reply
More about should bother university

    azzure@olypen.com wrote:

    > ...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the
    > better game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

    It depends on what you like, really. If I were you I'd simply read
    some University reviews, to get an idea. I liked it, but I'm a
    scientific nerd, and it sounds like even I am going to like Nightlife
    better. Most people seem to, but you might not be one of those, of
    course. What do you like in the game?

    T.

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:

    >...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
    >game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

    Nightlife is definately cooler and adds more meat. But you shouldn't
    go amiss of university either, it's brilliant!
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:
    >

    >>...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the
    >>better
    >>game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.
    >
    > Nightlife is definately cooler and adds more meat. But you shouldn't
    > go amiss of university either, it's brilliant!
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    If you think about it, we need them all as they come out so we don't
    miss anything. LOL That's the way I was with The Sims, had to have it
    all! Each EP has new stuff that makes the other EP's more fun.

    deene

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:

    >...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
    >game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

    Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
    I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
    doesn't seem fun to me.

    With Sims 1, I loved the downtown stuff from Hot Date, found Superstar
    too much work.

    BW

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:
    >

    >>...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
    >>game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.
    >

    > Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
    > I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
    > doesn't seem fun to me.
    >
    > With Sims 1, I loved the downtown stuff from Hot Date, found Superstar
    > too much work.
    >
    > BW

    Hi...yes, that is how I feel as well. I barely have enough time to play
    Sims 2 (the original game), and there are still things I'm discovering
    about it. Thanks.

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:25:04 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >If you think about it, we need them all as they come out so we don't
    >miss anything. LOL That's the way I was with The Sims, had to have it
    >all! Each EP has new stuff that makes the other EP's more fun.

    I guess everyone's already figured out I'm the equivalent of a Sims 2
    crack addict... I just feel like I need them all to get the full
    experience. For me, every EP has been a good EP. But not every EP is
    equally good. Luckily, for me it doesn't come down to money. I'd
    rather go without food than Sims LOL
    --

    "Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
    is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:41:18 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    >Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
    >I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
    >doesn't seem fun to me.

    It's a lot of work... but I do it for sims that I really care about
    and want to have a full life. It's also a great way to make friends
    and advance in careers.
    --

    "Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
    is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com
    [16]. Illspirit was among the same team that found and
    developed the GTA Hot Coffee mod and posted it on the web.
    In an attempt to divert attention away from the Hot Coffee
    scandal, illspirit tried an experiment by pretending to be
    an anonymous "non-gamer" and provided links to Thompson of
    games which also contained sexual content. These games included
    the Sims 2, God of War, BMX XXX, and Playboy: The Mansion.
    Thompson took the bait and immediately launched an attack
    against the ESRB and Electronics Arts."

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:29:55 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

    >On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:41:18 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >
    >>Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
    >>I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
    >>doesn't seem fun to me.
    >
    >It's a lot of work... but I do it for sims that I really care about
    >and want to have a full life. It's also a great way to make friends
    >and advance in careers.

    I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
    of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
    students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
    to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.

    BW

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    > I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
    > of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
    > students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
    > to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.

    Me too! Ain't it awful...

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:59:54 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    >I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
    >of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
    >students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
    >to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.

    What takes so long? Slow computer? Big dorm? I have mine set on
    superspeed most of the time :-)
    --

    "About family.... don't try it with vampires.
    It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:44:36 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:59:54 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >
    >>I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
    >>of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
    >>students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
    >>to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.
    >
    >What takes so long? Slow computer? Big dorm? I have mine set on
    >superspeed most of the time :-)

    Lack of playing time and addiction to the Pause button. I don't like
    playing on fast speed--all the stuff I like about the game gets lost.
    I play on medium speed sometimes to get through meals if there's
    nothing else going on in the house. So given that I play Sims about
    six hours a month in total, it goes slowly.

    I have very little interest in just chalking up goals. It's the Sim
    behavior I enjoy. In Sims 1, I only ever got one Sim to the top of
    the career track, because the process of moving up from one level to
    the next wasn't interesting to me. I never focused on that, and I
    never got bored with the game. I got sidetracked by personal goals
    such as working out the dynamics of the orgies, setting up certain
    scenarios between families, etc. I haven't played Uni enough to find
    any interesting personal goals in the university part.

    BW

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:02:22 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

    >Lack of playing time and addiction to the Pause button. I don't like
    >playing on fast speed--all the stuff I like about the game gets lost.
    >I play on medium speed sometimes to get through meals if there's
    >nothing else going on in the house. So given that I play Sims about
    >six hours a month in total, it goes slowly.

    Ah :-( I do superspeed->pause->superspeed->pause etc. pausing to give
    orders, build, configure etc.

    >I have very little interest in just chalking up goals. It's the Sim
    >behavior I enjoy. In Sims 1, I only ever got one Sim to the top of

    Yeah me too, I only care about aspirations when it gets in the red, or
    they need to use an aspiration object.
    --

    "About family.... don't try it with vampires.
    It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
    Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

Sims Games Video Games