Should I bother to get University...

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2005 1:00:21 PM

....or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

More about : bother university

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 11:52:58 PM

azzure@olypen.com wrote:

> ...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the
> better game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

It depends on what you like, really. If I were you I'd simply read
some University reviews, to get an idea. I liked it, but I'm a
scientific nerd, and it sounds like even I am going to like Nightlife
better. Most people seem to, but you might not be one of those, of
course. What do you like in the game?

T.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:04:57 AM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:

>...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
>game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

Nightlife is definately cooler and adds more meat. But you shouldn't
go amiss of university either, it's brilliant!
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:
>

>>...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the
>>better
>>game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.
>
> Nightlife is definately cooler and adds more meat. But you shouldn't
> go amiss of university either, it's brilliant!
> --
>

> "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
> such perverted things in a children's game!"
> -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

If you think about it, we need them all as they come out so we don't
miss anything. LOL That's the way I was with The Sims, had to have it
all! Each EP has new stuff that makes the other EP's more fun.

deene
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:41:18 PM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:

>...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
>game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.

Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
doesn't seem fun to me.

With Sims 1, I loved the downtown stuff from Hot Date, found Superstar
too much work.

BW
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 12:16:34 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:
>

>>...or should I just go straight to Nightlife. It sounds much the better
>>game, Is there anything important I'd be missing? Thanks.
>

> Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
> I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
> doesn't seem fun to me.
>
> With Sims 1, I loved the downtown stuff from Hot Date, found Superstar
> too much work.
>
> BW

Hi...yes, that is how I feel as well. I barely have enough time to play
Sims 2 (the original game), and there are still things I'm discovering
about it. Thanks.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:29:19 PM

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:25:04 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>If you think about it, we need them all as they come out so we don't
>miss anything. LOL That's the way I was with The Sims, had to have it
>all! Each EP has new stuff that makes the other EP's more fun.

I guess everyone's already figured out I'm the equivalent of a Sims 2
crack addict... I just feel like I need them all to get the full
experience. For me, every EP has been a good EP. But not every EP is
equally good. Luckily, for me it doesn't come down to money. I'd
rather go without food than Sims LOL
--

"Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:41:18 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
>I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
>doesn't seem fun to me.

It's a lot of work... but I do it for sims that I really care about
and want to have a full life. It's also a great way to make friends
and advance in careers.
--

"Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com
[16]. Illspirit was among the same team that found and
developed the GTA Hot Coffee mod and posted it on the web.
In an attempt to divert attention away from the Hot Coffee
scandal, illspirit tried an experiment by pretending to be
an anonymous "non-gamer" and provided links to Thompson of
games which also contained sexual content. These games included
the Sims 2, God of War, BMX XXX, and Playboy: The Mansion.
Thompson took the bait and immediately launched an attack
against the ESRB and Electronics Arts."
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:29:56 PM

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:29:55 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:41:18 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>
>>Unless you have a ton of play time, I would go straight to Nightlife.
>>I've barely used University. Putting my Sims through school just
>>doesn't seem fun to me.
>
>It's a lot of work... but I do it for sims that I really care about
>and want to have a full life. It's also a great way to make friends
>and advance in careers.

I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.

BW
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:29:57 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

> I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
> of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
> students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
> to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.

Me too! Ain't it awful...
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 7:44:36 AM

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:59:54 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
>of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
>students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
>to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.

What takes so long? Slow computer? Big dorm? I have mine set on
superspeed most of the time :-)
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:44:36 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:59:54 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>
>>I would do that stuff if I had time. I'm still working on the basics
>>of Sims 2, though. Rather than starting with some of the pre-made
>>students, who I don't care about, I will probably get Alexander Goth
>>to go and get into the school stuff that way. If I ever have time.
>
>What takes so long? Slow computer? Big dorm? I have mine set on
>superspeed most of the time :-)

Lack of playing time and addiction to the Pause button. I don't like
playing on fast speed--all the stuff I like about the game gets lost.
I play on medium speed sometimes to get through meals if there's
nothing else going on in the house. So given that I play Sims about
six hours a month in total, it goes slowly.

I have very little interest in just chalking up goals. It's the Sim
behavior I enjoy. In Sims 1, I only ever got one Sim to the top of
the career track, because the process of moving up from one level to
the next wasn't interesting to me. I never focused on that, and I
never got bored with the game. I got sidetracked by personal goals
such as working out the dynamics of the orgies, setting up certain
scenarios between families, etc. I haven't played Uni enough to find
any interesting personal goals in the university part.

BW
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 8:09:53 AM

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:02:22 -0400, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>Lack of playing time and addiction to the Pause button. I don't like
>playing on fast speed--all the stuff I like about the game gets lost.
>I play on medium speed sometimes to get through meals if there's
>nothing else going on in the house. So given that I play Sims about
>six hours a month in total, it goes slowly.

Ah :-( I do superspeed->pause->superspeed->pause etc. pausing to give
orders, build, configure etc.

>I have very little interest in just chalking up goals. It's the Sim
>behavior I enjoy. In Sims 1, I only ever got one Sim to the top of

Yeah me too, I only care about aspirations when it gets in the red, or
they need to use an aspiration object.
--

!