Sign in with
Your question

Soldering Fans wires

Last response: in Overclocking
February 4, 2012 5:58:23 PM

I want to overclock my notebook but im afraid of it overheating

If i solder 2 of these http://www.dinodirect.com/YXD-006-USB-Powered-Laptop-Co...
together would my laptop usb port give even power to them?

More about : soldering fans wires

February 11, 2012 5:10:52 AM

not sure if it is a good idea, most laptops are not designed to overclock. Laptop model?
February 12, 2012 4:53:15 AM

this is a very bad idea because notebooks are not made to overclock as shadow_city said ^ if you want to overclock get a desktop
Related resources
February 12, 2012 4:57:21 AM

oh and soldiering little wires can be very difficult
a c 190 K Overclocking
February 12, 2012 9:52:06 AM

You only get 5v from a usb connection so its not really up to powering a ton of fans,
also, those coolers can't provide the type of directional cooling required for the increased heat on a chip that clocking creates,
unless you are up for some serious modding there, I add my vote to the leave it alone stack
Moto
a b K Overclocking
February 13, 2012 9:45:24 AM

Don't bother laptops have poor heat dissipation and generally struggle to keep up with "power users" such as myself and probably 99% of the people on Tomshardware if we used it as our primary. If you do ignore us just know that you will probably start having a lot of hardware failures, could be wierd things you don't expect either as it's not limited to the typical CPU/GPU got too hot and fried scenerio. As there is everything bunched up tightly together in laptops.

Trust me on this I had a laptop for a primary computer for a few years, and my buddy did the same but he had the first gen dell XPS. These things are prone to hardware failure a lot more than desktops with it's inadequate cooling.
April 2, 2012 9:29:38 AM

Fan can aid in exhausting heated air from the laptop. Make the fan with a USB connection to keep the fan as convenient as laptops. The fan will plug into the USB port of laptop for power & eliminate the requirement of power supply.

Gold Contact Repair Kit

!