Can my computer handle NL?

I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?

Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
an EP it only needs to be on a CD?

I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :-)
5 answers Last reply
More about computer handle

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:06:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:

    >I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
    >video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
    >supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
    >don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
    >run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?
    >
    >Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
    >an EP it only needs to be on a CD?
    >
    >I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :-)

    Gamespot has a hardware test for Nightlife... I don't remember the
    link though. It's somewhere up the screen, I dont think the messages
    have expired yet. Called nightlife hardware test or something like
    that.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    Tina Hayes posted the link that said if your computer could play it.

    The link was http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sims-2-nightlife/647173p1.htm

    Munch.

    Oops.Sorry.I gave the wrong link.Let's try this one.

    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sims-2-nightlife/647173p1.html

    Munch.

    I'm running it on the computer in the back room that has a PIII 1 GB CPU and
    an old GeForce 4 Ti4200 with 512 MB Ram. It plays fine, if I turn off the
    see neighbor feature. Everything takes forever to load with all my custom
    stuff. Later, I will move it to the main computer but need to do a few
    things to it first.

    <azzure@olypen.com> wrote in message news:432C3EFD.2020703@olypen.com...

    > I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
    > video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
    > supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
    > don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
    > run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?
    >
    > Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
    > an EP it only needs to be on a CD?
    >
    > I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :-)

    I have almost same specs and I'd say you have no worries. In fact NL seems
    to run better and load faster.

    Ern

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:06:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:
    >

    >>I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
    >>video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
    >>supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
    >>don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
    >>run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?
    >>
    >>Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
    >>an EP it only needs to be on a CD?
    >>
    >>I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :-)
    >
    > Gamespot has a hardware test for Nightlife... I don't remember the
    > link though. It's somewhere up the screen, I dont think the messages
    > have expired yet. Called nightlife hardware test or something like
    > that.
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

Sims Computers Video Games