I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?

Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
an EP it only needs to be on a CD?

I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:06:21 -0700, azzure@olypen.com wrote:

>I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
>video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
>supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
>don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
>run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?
>
>Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
>an EP it only needs to be on a CD?
>
>I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :)

Gamespot has a hardware test for Nightlife... I don't remember the
link though. It's somewhere up the screen, I dont think the messages
have expired yet. Called nightlife hardware test or something like
that.
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

I'm running it on the computer in the back room that has a PIII 1 GB CPU and
an old GeForce 4 Ti4200 with 512 MB Ram. It plays fine, if I turn off the
see neighbor feature. Everything takes forever to load with all my custom
stuff. Later, I will move it to the main computer but need to do a few
things to it first.

<azzure@olypen.com> wrote in message news:432C3EFD.2020703@olypen.com...

> I have an Athlon 1.3 gig, with .5 gig of RAM which also supports the
> video card (I don't know what I'm talking about here; my husband just
> supplied me with all this data.) I am running Sims 2 pretty well, and
> don't have (and probably won't get) University. Would Nightlife just
> run achingly slow for me? If so, what would I need to upgrade?
>
> Also, I haven't seen NL available on a DVD, as Sims 2 was. Perhaps as
> an EP it only needs to be on a CD?
>
> I am not very computer literate; please forgive me. :)

I have almost same specs and I'd say you have no worries. In fact NL seems
to run better and load faster.

Ern