Sign in with
Your question

Computer will not POST

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2009 1:09:55 PM

Hi everyone! I need a little help with a computer issue. A few years ago I built my own rig and it worked like a champ...until now. I tried to turn it on a few days ago and without warning it didn't boot up. It didn't POST but it started beeping. I've been out of the "game" for a while as far as computers go but I did do research to find out what the beeps meant. I went to ASUS' website and according to it, its a video problem. I tried unplugging the memory, video card, and all the drives but it still will not POST and gives the same beeps. Its a long, short short code. The componets are Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, ATI Radeon 1800XT video card, and 2 GB of Cosair PC3200 memory. Correct me if I'm work but I'm assuming the rest of the components are irrelavent to the problem. Please help if you can.

More about : computer post

October 28, 2009 1:13:41 PM

This may well be that ur PSU may have died....check it
October 28, 2009 1:24:11 PM

Thanks for the reply ridic23. How do I go about checking the PSU?
Related resources
October 28, 2009 5:41:01 PM

Get a multimeter and check the rail wires for a stable output....
November 5, 2009 10:06:34 AM

OK, I got a psu tester and it checked good. Does that mean my videocard is bad or are there other steps I can try? Is there a way to test my videocard?
November 5, 2009 10:22:14 AM

U can remove the card and use the VGA connection from the mobo.....since ur PSU is OK the next suspect is ur mobo.....try it and see what happens.....
November 22, 2009 12:55:20 PM

Unfortunately my mobo doesn't have on-board video. I th9nk i'll just have to suck it up and take it to a computer store. My only other choice is to buy a new video card and hope that is the problem. Either way I'll have to cough up some cash.
November 28, 2009 10:09:46 PM

OK, if anyone is even following this, I've tried replacing the video card but still no boot up. I even played around with the memory sticks. My guess is the mobo is shot. I'm thinking of just junking it and buying a laptop. I've seen to become quite impatient with dealing with computers lately.
!