Sign in with
Your question

Computer will not POST

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2009 1:09:55 PM

Hi everyone! I need a little help with a computer issue. A few years ago I built my own rig and it worked like a champ...until now. I tried to turn it on a few days ago and without warning it didn't boot up. It didn't POST but it started beeping. I've been out of the "game" for a while as far as computers go but I did do research to find out what the beeps meant. I went to ASUS' website and according to it, its a video problem. I tried unplugging the memory, video card, and all the drives but it still will not POST and gives the same beeps. Its a long, short short code. The componets are Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, ATI Radeon 1800XT video card, and 2 GB of Cosair PC3200 memory. Correct me if I'm work but I'm assuming the rest of the components are irrelavent to the problem. Please help if you can.

More about : computer post

October 28, 2009 1:13:41 PM

This may well be that ur PSU may have died....check it
m
l
October 28, 2009 1:24:11 PM

Thanks for the reply ridic23. How do I go about checking the PSU?
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2009 5:41:01 PM

Get a multimeter and check the rail wires for a stable output....
m
l
November 5, 2009 10:06:34 AM

OK, I got a psu tester and it checked good. Does that mean my videocard is bad or are there other steps I can try? Is there a way to test my videocard?
m
l
November 5, 2009 10:22:14 AM

U can remove the card and use the VGA connection from the mobo.....since ur PSU is OK the next suspect is ur mobo.....try it and see what happens.....
m
l
November 22, 2009 12:55:20 PM

Unfortunately my mobo doesn't have on-board video. I th9nk i'll just have to suck it up and take it to a computer store. My only other choice is to buy a new video card and hope that is the problem. Either way I'll have to cough up some cash.
m
l
November 28, 2009 10:09:46 PM

OK, if anyone is even following this, I've tried replacing the video card but still no boot up. I even played around with the memory sticks. My guess is the mobo is shot. I'm thinking of just junking it and buying a laptop. I've seen to become quite impatient with dealing with computers lately.
m
l
!