Asus p6t deluxe v2 and thermalright true

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Thermalright
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 8, 2010 9:12:45 PM

Hi
I recently recieved my p6t deluxe 2 mobo and a thermalright true.I tried to mount the backbplate provided by thermalright onto the back of my mobo but only a small fraction of the 4 screwholes made contact with the mounting brackets.This lowered the mounting brackets hence it required a lot of pressure to secure the heatsink into place.I did not secure it as i didnt feel safe to press the CPU down!
After i examined the backplate ,i was able to point out the problem.The backplate was flat as oppose to this picture http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00194/5444635.jpg hence it came in contact with the plastic plate on the back of the mobo.Do any of you guys use the same setup (p6t deluxe v2 and true)?if yes then how did you get it to work?
I thought of an idea that i need some advices on:I want to add a nut to each of the 4 screws to increase the height of the mounting bracket.
Terminology used according to thermalright user manual http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/download_images/...

More about : asus p6t deluxe thermalright true

April 8, 2010 9:21:24 PM

Contact Thermalright to ensure that you received the correct backplate. Shipping/packing mistakes happen.

I don't use the same exact setup, but very similar (P5Q Deluxe + Xigmatek HDT-S1283) without issue, though I had to order the backplate separately. The only real difference between the two coolers is that your is passive whereas mine has an 80mm fan attached.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2010 9:30:04 PM

I could make sure you have the proper mounting hardware from Thermaltake. could be you got the wrong version. Also- you do want a decent amount of pressure on your CPU from the heatsink. I don't know how much pressure you are talking about, but its possible its actually correct. Could you post a pic of your backplate on the back of your Mobo?
Thadius- you have a 120mm fan, not 80 ;-)
m
l
Related resources
April 9, 2010 7:50:56 PM

flyinfinni said:
I could make sure you have the proper mounting hardware from Thermaltake. could be you got the wrong version. Also- you do want a decent amount of pressure on your CPU from the heatsink. I don't know how much pressure you are talking about, but its possible its actually correct. Could you post a pic of your backplate on the back of your Mobo?
Thadius- you have a 120mm fan, not 80 ;-)

Woooops. ;)  That's what I get for posting after some beers...
m
l
April 10, 2010 8:13:00 AM

I took some photo but didn't have the cable to transfer it.After even more examination :D  the main issue was found:the backplate provided was not flat,the center is slight bent toward the side of the motherboard hence it comes into contact with the mobo before the screwholes do.I managed to mount the heatsink using plastic rings on the screwholes on the mobo to heighten the mounting rails.It worked but the sidepanel of my case(cosmos S) can't be closed due to the large 230mm fan.I will replace it with 2 120mm fans soon
I will post the photos as soon as i find the correct cable for it just so you guys can see what went wrong

Really appreciate you guys taking time helping me.Thank you
m
l
April 10, 2010 10:28:28 PM

OMG ZOMB said:
the main issue was found:the backplate provided was not flat,the center is slight bent toward the side of the motherboard hence it comes into contact with the mobo before the screwholes do

Not to be silly, but... sounds like you have it the bolt-through backplate on backwards then =)
m
l
!