Sign in with
Your question

XSPC 750 rs240 kit

Last response: in Overclocking
February 5, 2012 1:53:50 AM

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what coolant will actually work in this kit
I've tried UV Drops to make it pretty, but the pump did not release the dye, should I be worried ??
if anyone knows of any sort of amazing looking coolant please tell :)  I'd like to know..
And Should I replace the Pump/Res Combo to a Separate Pump and Res??

Thanks for any feedback

More about : xspc 750 rs240 kit

a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:05:15 AM

A separate pump/res won't change anything TBH. The X2O 750 is a pretty decent pump, and it's very compact.

Not sure about the dye/coolant. I'd rather just use UV tubing than risk dirtying up my loop/blocks at all, and the additives lower the coolant's heat transfer ability; in short - haven't researched it and don't plan to.
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 1:08:43 AM

Quote:
I've tried UV Drops to make it pretty, but the pump did not release the dye, should I be worried ??

What does this mean? That doesn't make sense...dye should quickly disperse in a loop, if not, you have something preventing flow.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 1:19:08 AM

yes i have found Dye VERY UNIMPRESSIVE when it comes to coolant loops.

go with colored or UV tubes for a much better look.

yes after an hour or so all of the coolant and dye should me well mixed, if its not it is something to have a look at because you either have bad flow or a blockage.
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:30:36 PM

You should have complete mixture within a few seconds as fast as the flow should be moving.

If you were to drop 10 drops of dye into your reservoir, it should be completely mixed throughout the loop within a matter of seconds.
!