Oct 17, 2009
Hello,

My current rig is as follows:

AMD 64 3200
4GB DDR400
IDE HD
ATI X1950 pro
asrock dual sata2

I want to do a new build but I would like to be able to salvage my vid card since I feel it still has some life left it it.

I am a poor man but like to game and would like to get maximum life out of my system.

Basically I am looking for the best budget system that should have reasonable longevity to it. I will replace my vid card down the road once I notice a good deal.

I would appreciate any help from you hardware gurus I am not exactly what you would call up to date on the hardware side of things.

shoeface

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: depends on if my gf gets her job but it could be in a few weeks. I would like to keep it under $600

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, internet, movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) ACEPOWER 530W, keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS, monitor, system case, case fans, ATI X1950pro (not sure if I should bother, but I am a poor man). basically I am looking at CPU, board, ram and potentially vid.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (really don't care as long as its reputable) ncix, tigerdirect COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type: really don;t care I want best bang and longevity for buck

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: I am lazy, I am overclocking a bit now but I am not what you would call hardcore.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200) = 1440x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC) = just want a budget PC that will perform well and have longevity I am not hardcore, and don't need crazy HW, I want to be able to play all the modern game the way that they are intended to be played and have the best budget and longevity possible.

I appreciate your advice.