isrdum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Hello,
Yesterday I received my EVGA GTX 260 Core 216.
Since I try to install it but nothing works. During the installation of drivers, my screen goes black and I have access to Windows XP.
When I raise my machine, I have access to the image until Windows XP starts and then there I lost.
So it is during the installation of drivers that the problem occurs!
At that moment, I handed my XFX 9800GT and everything works like a real charm

In each test, I uninstall old dirvers es.
I tried with the CD provided by EVGA and with different versions of nvidia
I checked my wiring at least 20 times and my power supply gives me 650Watt Power (OCZ)
I have the newest drivers for my monitor is a LG W2242T 22 inch
My motherboard is a Gigabyte Ga-M750SLI-DS4

I already had a 9800gt from EVGA and it too has never wanted to work while with XFX 9800gt, everything goes very well

What's going on?
Does EVGA's fault?
Should I sell this card long awaited?

isrdum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Thank you for your reply.
I do not think the problem comes from the power supply, but rather a problem of communication between my video card and my screen.
The problem is that I do not know which of them causes the problem.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Did you clean the registry with driver sweeper before installing the new driver? This might be a driver conflict issue. Google for driver sweeper and download it or try the GFX card with a fresh windows install.

isrdum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Thank you for responding
The idea of doing a cleanup has potential as one that offers to reinstall windows I like less.
Here's what happens exactly when installing the drivers: I delete all the old drivers, I put the new video card and I start the computer (everything here is correct). Windows starts, I run the nvidia drivers and it installs in 2 minutes before the screen closes and the installation stops.
When I restart in Safe Mode, I see that the driver is only partially installed. (Total = 2000mo intallation, then I have only 1mb)