Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Corsair H100 Push/Pull, What fans do I need?

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:04:01 AM

I am wanting to install my new H100 into the top of my Corsair 600T White Graphite Series Case. I want to use the push Pull technique. I would mount the radiator to the top of the case on the inside and mount two fans underneath it pushing air up and out of the case. I would then mount the other two fans on the top of the case directly under the mesh vent/dust cover.

The problem i am having is what fans to use. Should I stick with the stock fans and just add two more? What fans should I use? Or should I just buy four new matching fans? Can anyone recommend some good variable speed fans that have good airflow and will be relatively quiet at idle? I will be using the software that comes with the H100 to control the fans so i guess I will need fans that are three speed variable and capable of at least the stock fan ratings. Is that correct?

This is a bit confusing. I hope I am asking the right questions. Lol

EDIT: Ok, I found two choices in fans to add to the two that com with it. Which ones would be better? And should I get four and replace the stock ones or will just adding two fans be sufficient?

Here is option one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200028

Here is option two: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:05:27 AM

Cougar fans are good.
Score
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:42:53 AM

Go with the 4 cougars.
Score
Related resources
February 6, 2012 2:09:22 AM

I just ran Prime 95 for 10 min. Note that my processor is currently at stock settings and that it is cooled with the factory heatsinc/fan which I know is really crappy. Here are two screenshots to show the results of the test. My system runs around 55-60c at idle.

What I would like to know is what kind of improvement I will see with the same test run after I install the H100 with the Cougar fans? Or will I likely see better numbers with the Rosewill fans seeing as how they move quite a bit more air. I am less concerned about noise because i use Megaladon headphones when gaming and the cases on-board four fan fan control will allow me to turn the fans down when not gaming.

For comparison:

The Cougar fans:

RPM: 800-1500 RPM
Air Flow: 70.5cfm/119.8cmh max
Noise Level: 17.9dB

The Rosewill Fans:
RPM: 1200 - 2200 RPM
Air Flow: 43.5 - 87.5 CFM
Noise Level: 23.5 - 38.15 dBA

On another note, I currently have two of these same Rosewill Fans in my case attached to the fan controller that came with them and they are really not that loud at max speed. So I really could care less about the noise level. I am more concerned about cooling effectiveness and efficiency.
Score

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 2:19:18 AM

The main thing about the stock fans is that some people think that they are noisy. I have four stock fans (long story lol) in push/pull and run my H100 on low.

I have a HAF X and OC'd the cpu to 4.5Ghz @ 1.36v currently. I Idle at low to mid 30s'C and 100% load temps are high 50s to low 60s'C. Compared to the Gaia sd 1283 air cooler, my temps are over 10'C cooler and I can push that higher by using the mid or high fan speeds.

I never used the stock cpu cooler, so I cannot provide any reference for that.

Edit:

The main appeal for the cougars is the noise level compared to the air they push. If noise isn't a factor, higher air flow should give the better results.
February 6, 2012 2:23:48 AM

vollman1 said:
The main thing about the stock fans is that some people think that they are noisy. I have four stock fans (long story lol) in push/pull and run my H100 on low.

I have a HAF X and OC'd the cpu to 4.5Ghz @ 1.36v currently. I Idle at low to mid 30s'C and 100% load temps are high 50s to low 60s'C. Compared to the Gaia sd 1283 air cooler, my temps are over 10'C cooler and I can push that higher by using the mid or high fan speeds.

Wow that sounds pretty nice. And I know the stock fans are slightly better than the Rosewill fans. Do you know where I can purchase two more stock fans or an equivalent? The Rosewill are the closest Newegg seems to have. Or could I just use the Rosewill that I already have?
Score
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 6:21:41 AM

vollman1 said:

Edit:

The main appeal for the cougars is the noise level compared to the air they push. If noise isn't a factor, higher air flow should give the better results.

+1, my stock h80 fans are very loud. Going to switch over to the cougar's soon.
Score
February 6, 2012 12:50:09 PM

Best answer selected by etrnlxdarkness.
Score
February 6, 2012 12:52:20 PM

I do believe this question is solved. I will go with four of the Rosewill fans. As I am seeking performance over noise level. Thank you for everyone's advice. I will keep the cougar fans in mind if the noise level does become an issue. :) 

A mod could please mark thread as solved.
Score
a c 328 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:57:10 PM

I'll close it as well.
Score
!