Sign in with
Your question

Swiftech MCP655-B good enough for multiple parts?

Last response: in Overclocking
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:05:11 AM

Is this pump good enough to cool an i7-2600k and 2x 560ti's? http://www.swiftech.com/MCP655-B.aspx
a c 330 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 1:07:09 AM

Yeah, D5 pumps are great- I'm running one in my loop. Check out Performance-PCs or PetrasTechShop, you're likely to find one cheaper than $90...even FrozenCPU is cheaper on D5's than Swiftech's site.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 2:16:07 AM

It comes with the h20-220 ultima kit, just wanted to make sure it was good in case I wanted to expand on the parts I cool.
m
l
Related resources
a c 239 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 11:17:04 AM

I would definitely go with the Variable Speed Model, I see you're considering the kit you mentioned I just hope if you're going that route for overclocking headroom with your 2600K you may end up disappointed.

Looking at your CPU-Z Validation, that kit will not deliver an exceptional step over a high end air cooler maybe a little on the plus side of cooling performance but no award winning. Just be aware of that before you sink that kind of money in that kit.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 12:43:50 PM

DDC pumps are also very good- they are often preferred in higher restriction loops as they have a higher head pressure than the D5 pumps (which are usually higher flow).
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 4:21:10 PM

4Ryan6 said:
I would definitely go with the Variable Speed Model, I see you're considering the kit you mentioned I just hope if you're going that route for overclocking headroom with your 2600K you may end up disappointed.

Looking at your CPU-Z Validation, that kit will not deliver an exceptional step over a high end air cooler maybe a little on the plus side of cooling performance but no award winning. Just be aware of that before you sink that kind of money in that kit.

Is there a kit you would recommend? Or should I select each individual part?
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 4:29:16 PM

This depends on what you want to accomplish and your budget.

I thought we've gone over this on past threads? Or am I mistaken?

Just curious.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 5:46:50 PM

Sorry, I just don't want to waste a good amount of money realizing that the kit or the parts that I purchase don't perform very well.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 5:58:05 PM

I understand...I think you have a good amount of knowledge thus far, just keep going through stuff.

And yes, if you have the chance on a MCP-655 b or the vario, go with the vario. The b version is about a 3.5-4 on the 1-5 scale of the vario version. They should be almost the same cost.
m
l
a c 239 K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 2:45:39 PM

rubix_1011 said:
This depends on what you want to accomplish and your budget.

I thought we've gone over this on past threads? Or am I mistaken?

Just curious.

amuffin said:
Is there a kit you would recommend? Or should I select each individual part?

rubix_1011 has a very good point, what are your goals of what you are going to accomplish?

You do realize your CPU-Z 5.0ghz validation was rejected by CPU-Z so why would you even being displaying that in your sig?

Are you considering water cooling for higher overclocks or at least a stable 5.0ghz overclock?

What are your goals?

The CPU-Z validation shows Windows Vista Business Edition, Vista sucks for overclocking, the least little file corruption and you could be totally dead in the water with Vista, it's the operating system Microsoft should have never released, and they are painfully aware of it.

It also shows 16G of miss-matched memory modules two different brands, that's a negative against your overclock right there.

Quote:
i7-2600k, gigabyte z68x-ud4, gtx 560ti sli, HAF 912

Hackintosh Build:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What are we even actually talking about water cooling anyway?

I'm assuming overclocking is part of it since this is the overclocking section?

So what goals, what operating system, what hardware, are we trying to assist you with?

I'm not trying to offend you, just trying to determine how to advise you.

Quote:
Is this pump good enough to cool an i7-2600k and 2x 560ti's? http://www.swiftech.com/MCP655-B.aspx

Are we talking about your 2600K Hackintosh build?

Is that the only operating system on that 2600K?
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 2:49:59 PM

It's very easy to lose track of the overall plan and budget with so much to consider as a newcomer. However, this is why we usually suggest taking a good amount of time to grasp the concepts of what is needed in the learning process to help you make solid choices later on.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 9:10:54 PM

4Ryan6 said:
rubix_1011 has a very good point, what are your goals of what you are going to accomplish?

You do realize your CPU-Z 5.0ghz validation was rejected by CPU-Z so why would you even being displaying that in your sig?

Are you considering water cooling for higher overclocks or at least a stable 5.0ghz overclock?

What are your goals?

The CPU-Z validation shows Windows Vista Business Edition, Vista sucks for overclocking, the least little file corruption and you could be totally dead in the water with Vista, it's the operating system Microsoft should have never released, and they are painfully aware of it.

It also shows 16G of miss-matched memory modules two different brands, that's a negative against your overclock right there.

Quote:
i7-2600k, gigabyte z68x-ud4, gtx 560ti sli, HAF 912

Hackintosh Build:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What are we even actually talking about water cooling anyway?

I'm assuming overclocking is part of it since this is the overclocking section?

So what goals, what operating system, what hardware, are we trying to assist you with?

I'm not trying to offend you, just trying to determine how to advise you.

Quote:

Are we talking about your 2600K Hackintosh build?

Is that the only operating system on that 2600K?

Yep, I am a noob overclocker etc. I just want to be able to cool my 2600k for now, and later on move over to my 560ti's. I also just realized and did not know that it wasn't validated :(  So basically I have 2 systems, 1 with a 2600k and 1 with a 2500k. I currently have a hyper 212 evo on my 2600k system and an h80 on my 2500k system. I was going to upgrade from my 212 evo to a water cooling setup to cool my 2600k and maybe the 3770k later on. I was also wondering if it was worth it to cool my 2 560ti's later on with the pump that came with the swiftech h20-220 ultima xt kit. Sorry if my wording maybe off, I currently have a fever and it is a bit hard to concentrate on one thing.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 11:13:12 PM

You are asking a lot of different questions, all wrapped up together. I'm ADHD and even I can't make sense of all these tangents.

You'll want to break down each build and each set of expectations separately and definitively; this way everyone can easily separate what is going on with specific components on which build.

Simple answer to your original thread- yes, a D5 is great. I use one on a CPU + 2 GPU + 2 rad loop with fantastic flowrates.
m
l
a c 239 K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 11:20:13 PM

So what is your goal machine and operating system you'd like to overclock?

I know Vista is a lame duck for overclocking, I don't know anything about Hackintosh, so are you stuck with that OP/SYS?
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 11:56:23 PM

My 2600k system is the only system I want to water cool. I currently have w7 on that. Vista and mac os are on my 2500k system.
m
l
a c 239 K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 11:22:00 AM

If you will list your exact specs in detail, including, brand, model, timings voltage requirements, Win7 what 32bit 64bit etc., and the stable 24/7 overclock that is your goal.

I will tell you the cooling hardware you'll need to accomplish it.

Fair Enough?
m
l
!