Edit .TIVO files??

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
July 28, 2005 2:37:31 AM

I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.

Thanks

More about : edit tivo files

July 28, 2005 2:37:32 AM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:37:31 GMT, JimBob <no@email.comm> wrote:

>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>

>Thanks

I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good. I'm looking a other commercial packages
because I want more options.
@charter.net (hlherron)
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:36:55 AM

>>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>

>>Thanks
>

>I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good.

What's the trick to get TMPGEnc (plus v2.5) to recognize them as being valid
files to edit? I keep getting a "illegal mpeg video stream" error, other mpgs
work fine.
July 29, 2005 1:39:42 AM

I would like to edit files my tivo creates and create tv episodes without
the commercials. I have yet to find software capable of doing so. Any ideas?

-John C
<jstlucas at hotmail dot com @delete.thisstuff (Joe St. Lucas)> wrote in
message news:o pYFe.158871$go.4168@fed1read05...
>>>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>

>>I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good.
>
> What's the trick to get TMPGEnc (plus v2.5) to recognize them as being
> valid
> files to edit? I keep getting a "illegal mpeg video stream" error, other
> mpgs
> work fine.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:05:07 AM

JimBob wrote:
> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>

> Thanks
if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
import into your favorite video editor
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:31:57 PM

DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
..tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much easier...

http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

Steve Ball wrote:
> JimBob wrote:
>
>> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>

>> Thanks
>
> if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
> will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
> import into your favorite video editor
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:53:59 PM

I tried this. The problem is it does not recognize any of the files that my
tivo creates. AFter I burn the dvd and tried to read it from the tivo
created disk the files are still unrecognized.

I am beginngin to regret ever having bought this machine.

-John C
"Jerry Albro" <jerry@albro.org> wrote in message
> DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
> .tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much
> easier...
>
> http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm
>
> Steve Ball wrote:
>> JimBob wrote:
>>
>>> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
>>> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>
>> if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
>> will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
>> import into your favorite video editor
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:37:26 PM

I think I may have missed an earlier message of yours. You have a tivo
with built-in dvd-r? I've not had too much luck converting dvds to mpegs
for editing.

What I have done is use the tivo to go software to get .tivo files on my
pc, convert to mpeg, edit and burn a dvd on the pc dvd burner.

If you are using the tivo with dvd burner, I don't think I can
personally help...

John C wrote:
> I tried this. The problem is it does not recognize any of the files that my
> tivo creates. AFter I burn the dvd and tried to read it from the tivo
> created disk the files are still unrecognized.
>
> I am beginngin to regret ever having bought this machine.
>
> -John C
> "Jerry Albro" <jerry@albro.org> wrote in message
>
>>DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
>>.tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much
>>easier...
>>
>>http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm
>>
>>Steve Ball wrote:

>>>if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
>>>will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
>>>import into your favorite video editor

June 24, 2010 6:52:29 AM

provide two ways to U.
1.you can use a video converter to convert TIVO file to the formats that Premier Pro can recognise and then do some editing.
The video converter i recommend is Aunsoft Video converter which i like the best.

2.Aunsoft video converter has several editing functions, so you can directly edit TIVO file via Aunsoft Video converter.

August 31, 2010 5:55:32 AM

jimbob said:

I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.

Thanks

I use Pavtube for coverting TiVo videos for my iPad. It works very well and I haven't really had any problems. Conversion speed seems fine and the videos look good on the iPad. I saw Pavtube mentioned in the TiVo forums as a good way to convert for the iPad so I decided to try it. It's much better than TiVo's converter. It is easy to use and supports many different formats.
http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread;jsessionid=25FBC512BE52D17D0578DA5813D313BF?postID=10468484&ie=x#e10468484
Anonymous
December 9, 2010 7:53:17 PM

I have used microsoft moviemaker to edit tivo files if burning a DVD is desired. But I haven't found a way to return the edited file to my external drive as a digital file Tivo will read again after editing
!