Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gpu Overclocking Glitch Issues

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2012 2:37:23 AM

Hello guys, glad to be back gaining knowledge from the pros :D  Anyways I have an xfx 6850 and have been using the latest drivers, yet whenever I try overclocking it(With Msi afterburner) I seem to always experience glitches such as freezing, a certain portion of the right of my screen showing on the left (I don't know what people call it), etc. Can anyone help me solve this issue, because this is causing me not to be able to oc
February 6, 2012 4:16:34 PM

How big is ur oc? what is the temperature of ur gpu?
Score
February 6, 2012 10:52:40 PM

madchemist83 said:
How big is ur oc? what is the temperature of ur gpu?

I am oc the stock core clock from 800 to 875 and the memory clock from 1050 to 1250. It is staying at about 50C or less, and the heat doesn't seem to be the issue.
Score
Related resources
February 6, 2012 10:56:22 PM

Those temps seems to be too low to me. That oc is pretty high though. Try increasing voltage. Smallest possible.
Score
February 7, 2012 1:59:29 AM

madchemist83 said:
Those temps seems to be too low to me. That oc is pretty high though. Try increasing voltage. Smallest possible.

Well those temps are rather estimates as I haven't yet monitored them while play my graphics heavy games (BF3), and I don't enjoy having to restart my computer after the screen glitches out, but I'll be sure to come back to you with more accurate temps later on.
Score
February 12, 2012 7:22:25 AM

Alright just got done testing my temps and it seems to maxing out at 75C (sorry for my other calculation being totally random and not even close). I also was speaking to a friend about this and he also recommended volage oc. All I need to do now is finding out how to unlock the oc voltage on afterburner because it won't unlock in the options menu :( 
Score

Best solution

February 12, 2012 5:22:39 PM

75 is a decent temp. It might not support voltage change.
November 22, 2012 4:28:43 AM

Best answer selected by geis.
Score
!