Nvidia HDMI settings.

temper

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
hello guys I'm struggling with a real annoying problem I really hope you could help because I suspect the solution is a real easy one.

setup is Compaq CQ61, nvidia G 103M connected via HDMI to a LCD screen, support up to 760p.

The computer was working great with the LCD, I could play games and watch movies. It always showed the [760p] on the LCD screen while I was connecting the computer, and it was negotiating for a few seconds before getting the picture.

Now I've changed the resolution settings, I don't remember what I did, the LCD screen says 'Not Supported' on one side, and [m485 on m485 75mhz] or something similar on the other side. There's no picture, occationaly there's image noise. The laptop gets completly slowed down since the HDMI was connected, the memory seems to be maxed out because the mouse cursor disappeared (can still control), if I disconnect the HDMI cable then the computer hangs and I have to brute shutdown it.

I go to display settings to try to get to normal resulotion again, but whatever I do, the computer either crashes and I have to brute shutdown it without saving the settings, or nothing changes. I've tried changing resolution to 1280x768, 800x600, 1366x768. Its still on 60mhz.
I've tried to reset to factory defaults from the nvidia control panel.
I've tried system restore to go a day backwards.

Nothing changed the HDMI settings .. and I still can't go back to 760p... I don't know what to do anymore other then rollback to Laptop Factory settings with nothing but operating system... Please help me guys I'll be most grateful.

temper

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
No, the drivers I have installd by the factory. I was thinking about uninstalling the nvidia drivers and reinstalling but I didn't know which ones I needed, and the nvidia forums are down and I didn't know who to ask so I decided not to until I know for sure.

If you can't get to the NV site you can also get the drivers from here, I have never had a problem with any file from this site. As for the drivers it's a 'one size fits all' kind of thing the only difference being between the 32bit and 64bit versions.

temper

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
k its working great now after I've un and installed the drivers. The LCD screen says 1080p even though the manual says it supports only up to 13x7 .. weird.

Thanks a lot for the help. I've got one more question though, is it possible to turn off the screen while having the LCD screen still running (other than physically closing the laptop screen) ?

mexican.gif

It should be, your function keys should allow you to switch between monitors i.e fn + f#.

temper

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I've always tried the fn+|[ ]| key before and it didn't do anything. Magicly its working now. Everything solved thank you very much.