How much should I OC this to?

Guildwars2fan

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
So I just did 3dmark Vantage and scored P14666 gpu score 16.1k (sapphire 6870 oc) and cpu score 11566 So it looks like my proc is kinda slow right?

My motherboard already overclocked it to 3.6 from 3.0, it also unlocked it to have a 4th core, it was a 3.0 anthlon triple core.

Obviously the best thing is to get a 2500k but i've got no job right now and i got a Corsair A40 i think, air cooler, right now the temp is ....weird it says 0C...it seems its having trouble reading it since i unlocked it and stuff but last time i checked it was about 30~ C

So i think that means i can at least try to see if its stable @ 4.0 right?

So how Do i do it? Is it as simple as video cards? my motherboard simplifies the access a little but i'm not sure of the details, multipliers etc, is there a program?

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
you need to do some reading my friend. as easy as it is to oc a amd athlon cpu, you should find lots of references to help you out. google is your friend too. do some research instead of looking for hand outs (no offense) it will last longer.

further, why does your score in a synthetic benchmark matter? can you play what ever game it is you play? even with a i5 cpu, i really doubt you would see a noticable (naked eye) difference. even with 400mgz more, i dont see this as being a deal breaker.