Missing "Stand By" button and Power Option

David

I just reinstalled windows Xp on my Laptop, and everything
went as planned. But, i have no option to enter stand by.
Not even in the advanced power options. It is very
strange? Is there anything i can do?

Sounds like you have not installed the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Bobby

"David" <David.moore23@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just reinstalled windows Xp on my Laptop, and everything
> went as planned. But, i have no option to enter stand by.
> Not even in the advanced power options. It is very
> strange? Is there anything i can do?

Could you confirm the system got ACPI HAL during the reinstall (Device
Manager/Computer)?