Sign in with
Your question

Recommend Motherboard please

Last response: in Motherboards
April 9, 2010 10:32:56 PM

Hi,

I recently picked up an ASROCK x58 motherboard and had a HORRIBLE experience with it. Lucky me Newegg is going to give me a store credit and allow me to purchase a different motherboard.

In hopes of avoiding the same problem of getting a board that is known to have memory issues and bad DIMM slots etc, I would like to get the communities recommendation.

Here is what I've already purchased and have ready to throw on the motherboard:

Memory: OCZDDR1600 2gigx3 - OCZ3G1600LV6GK
Centron 2gigx3 sticks - R1600PC2048

Video: BFG GeForce OC GTX 275

CPU: Intel Core i7-930 LGA 1366
PSU: RaidMax RX-630SS (630Watts)

My biggest issue here is that I just want to make sure the memory is compatible and the least chance of getting a defective board upon arrival. I do however understand that every board has a chance to come DoA or defective, but I believe some boards/companies obviously have a better reputation.

Here is what I think my best solution so far:
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The OCZ3G1600LV6GK is listed on the QVL memory list which gives me a little bit of comfort. Even if I can only use 6 of my 12 gigs of ram I will be happy. I've read that SLI- with the bigger cards is extremely hard (if not impossible) because of the size (I don't plan to SLI anytime soon if ever).

From what I read ASUS is a pretty good company, out of the 266 reviews only a handful are dealing with DOA/Defective motherboards.

I really appreciate anyones input/thoughts/recommendations. Its my first time building a PC, and I was almost heartbroken when the first motherboard was bad and I thought I would have to dish out a large chunk of cash.

Thanks!

More about : recommend motherboard

a c 221 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
April 9, 2010 10:47:04 PM

The P6X58D is my build MoBo of choice at the moment .... at least until the Rampage III Extreme hits the shelves.
m
l
April 10, 2010 12:29:38 AM

Thanks for the good feedback :) 
m
l
!