Intel ich7r sata raid driver

dennislogan

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Hello, My motherboard went bad, I think, as my computer was fine when I shut it off but it wouldn't turn on, Nothing. I bought and install new power supply for my asus p5wd2 premium in my creation station recording computer. I found a new motherboard but is that the problem or am I missing something? Please help! Oh, it's core duo with 4 gigs ram running xp pro

I'm thinking either bad motherboard, bad RAM, or a short. First thing you can do is try using just one RAM module at a time. If or when you do get your computer to properly boot, make sure the RAM specs are set properly in the BIOS.

If the RAM movement trick fails to yield results, you can try the steps below.

Try testing for a short by breadboarding your system. Start by removing everything connected to the motherboard, except for the CPU, heatsink, and heatsink fan.

1. Remove the motherboard from the case, and place it on a non-conductive surface (like wood or carboard)

2. Connect the power supply unit (PSU) to the motherboard. If you need to, remove the power supply from the case.

3. Connect the case speaker (not the front panel audio jacks) if you have one.

4. Turn on the switch to the PSU. Using a flathead screw driver, jump the power switch pins on the motherboard.

If you have a speaker connected, you should hear a series of beeps (1 long followed by 2 short) this indicates that your mobo can't find any RAM, which is good.

5. Install one RAM module and repeat step 4. You should not hear beeps, if you do, use a different RAM module until you don't hear anymore beeps.

6. Install the GPU and connect the monitor. Turn on the computer. You should have a display if you've successfully completed step 5. If you don't, you may have a bad GPU.

7. If you've successfully completed step 6, you should have a display. If you do, connect the power button from the case and then turn on the computer. Do you still have a display? if not, the switch could be shorting.

8. If you've successfully completed step 7, continue adding devices one by one between start ups. If at any point you stop seeing a display, remove the most recently connected device and try again.