Three displays on one graphics card?

sscuster

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
My wife just got a new HP computer that has a single PCIe 16 slot and three PCIe 1 slots. She needs an inexpensive graphics card that will allow her to extend the desktop across three displays at once.

Two displays have VGA input ports and one has both a VGA and a DVI port. She uses the computer for business and working with photographs so there is no need for a high speed gaming card. I am looking for suggestions of which card to buy for her.

A price tag under $50 would be great; a price tag between $50 and $100 would be tolerable.

Thank you.

smoggy12345

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Hmm, not sure that is possible. Your only bet is the 5750 but doubt you'll find one for less than $100 ....and it will have to be using 'eyefininty' technology; using a 'display port' for the 3rd monitor. Currently the new cards from ATI are the only cards that can support 3 monitors on one card, As far as i am aware.

You could wait for the more mainstream / low end cards to come out from ATI ....these will likely be within your budget although im not to sure about the 3monitor support, but i presume they will support it.

4745454b

Titan
AMDs Eyefinity cards are the answer. As mentioned, the cheapest card out right now is over your $100 budget. Your next bet is to use two cards, one in the 16x slot, and another in the 1x slot. Not sure you can buy two cards for under $100, as the 1x cards tend to be a bit pricy. Check out newegg and see if there are any 1x cards in the $50 range. Make sure you buy low end so you don't stress your OEM PSU.