Sign in with
Your question

Anyone have any suggestions on case fans?

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cases
  • Computer
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2012 7:07:30 PM

I built budget PC about a month ago i just bought a case that came with a PSu(crappy one) , a h61 motherboard, i3 2120, and 4gig ddr3 ram. I took the 9600 gso out of my old computer and the small 160gig hard drive and got them put together and its been running fine.

CASE: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

But i just ordered a new PSU antec vp450 and im going to get a new video card either a 6770 or 550 GTXti next weekend. and i just started wondering about fans becasue my case didnt come with any extra or anything so do you think i should get some for my computer? i really dont know anything about fans ive never really had a computer that would need them and im not even sure if this one will.

Im trying to use up the rest of some futureshop gift card that i just ordered the new PSU with. becasue i dont want to buy my video card there, they got bad deals and you gota order most of them. And future shop doesnt have anything in stores basically when it comes to PSU/fans and parts.

Basically im wondering if this fan will do for my computer http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/coolmax-coolmax-...

I only got 18 bucks left on this card so it has to be no over 14.99 and also do you need to have more than one extra fan on your computer or do there need to be two for air flow? i will buy another if i have to its just im goin away for a week and want this to come at the same time as the PSU. then when i get back all ill have to do is get the video card.

E: Also just to say i have fans on my cpu and graphics card just no additional ones.

More about : suggestions case fans

a c 131 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 8:28:07 PM

It is not clear to me what size fans your case has room for, or what fans already came with it.
I do think you should have at least one intake or exhaust to provide some airflow.
Hopefully, there is a place for a 120mm fan. Smaller fans can be noisy and inefficient.
Do not count on a psu fan to do anything but protect itself.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 8:30:55 PM

geofelt said:
It is not clear to me what size fans your case has room for, or what fans already came with it.
I do think you should have at least one intake or exhaust to provide some airflow.
Hopefully, there is a place for a 120mm fan. Smaller fans can be noisy and inefficient.
Do not count on a psu fan to do anything but protect itself.

click the links the OP provided

Other Fan Ports: 2x Front 80/90/120mm Fan Ports
2x Side 80/90/120mm Fan Ports
1x Rear 80/90/120mm Fan Port
1x Bottom 80/90/120mm Fan Port
m
l
February 6, 2012 8:42:22 PM

so two fans would be the best bet? would one still fan still help somewhat? or would it be pointless? cuz i think i have one from my older computer.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 8:52:24 PM

you need at least an intake fan and an exhaust fan for proper air flow, one in the front and one in the back. if you take the fan from the older computer, put it in the front to help flow to the gpu. so you end up with 2 in the front and one in the back.
m
l
a c 131 K Overclocking
February 6, 2012 9:31:31 PM

con310 said:
so two fans would be the best bet? would one still fan still help somewhat? or would it be pointless? cuz i think i have one from my older computer.

One fan is not pointless at all. I would try that first; you can always add another later.

Considering that your case seems to have a somewhat restricted front intake area, I would mount that one fan as an exhaust in the rear.
m
l
February 6, 2012 10:51:43 PM

Cougar fan
m
l
!