Sign in with
Your question

OverClocking i72600k

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2012 7:57:58 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first question in the forum.

I bought a good system months ago (read my system specs below) I'm a 3dsmax user and used to play games from time to time .. games are not really my aim but 3d rendering. I've an experience in 3d and c++ programming .. but not really in overclocking at all... I bought the i7 2600k because I saw on youtube it's really easy to get boosted.

this is my question: I have i7 2600k and corsair Hydro 80. when I overclock the CPU to 4.2 GHz and I stress it for a 24h and everything goes well ..

Q: For how long I can use it in an overclocked state (I don't really care if the life of the cpu will be less longer bcoz I'm willing to buy another cpu soon and money isn't my issue) I just have a heavy scenes in 3d to render each day and week.

can I use use it with a frequency of 4.2 or higher for 2 weeks for example ?? or just the time of rendering and I restore the ratio ??

Please give an advice.

Thank you in advance.

More about : overclocking i72600k

February 6, 2012 8:30:51 PM

With ur cooler u can go up to 5 ghz.
February 6, 2012 8:37:14 PM

Thanks for your answer.

But how long I can leave it under the overclocking state ?? hours or days ??

Thanks again.
Related resources
February 6, 2012 8:42:45 PM

Depends on the voltage. See what kind of voltage you get at certain clock speed.
February 6, 2012 8:50:33 PM

Actually 1.207 volt in 4.5 Ghz is okay .. I saw that on youtube ..
February 6, 2012 10:25:11 PM

That's lucky chip
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 4:06:17 AM

SectorC said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first question in the forum.

I bought a good system months ago (read my system specs below) I'm a 3dsmax user and used to play games from time to time .. games are not really my aim but 3d rendering. I've an experience in 3d and c++ programming .. but not really in overclocking at all... I bought the i7 2600k because I saw on youtube it's really easy to get boosted.

this is my question: I have i7 2600k and corsair Hydro 80. when I overclock the CPU to 4.2 GHz and I stress it for a 24h and everything goes well ..

Q: For how long I can use it in an overclocked state (I don't really care if the life of the cpu will be less longer bcoz I'm willing to buy another cpu soon and money isn't my issue) I just have a heavy scenes in 3d to render each day and week.

can I use use it with a frequency of 4.2 or higher for 2 weeks for example ?? or just the time of rendering and I restore the ratio ??

Please give an advice.

Thank you in advance.

If it is stable then let it stays there forever.
February 7, 2012 4:13:10 AM

Thanks for your answer Bro!
a c 151 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 4:56:50 AM

As long as it's under safe temp (~72C), voltage (1.4v), and stable, you can run as long as you want. You will want to get your volt/temp readings during rendering of course.
February 7, 2012 5:11:27 AM

k1114 said:
As long as it's under safe temp (~72C), voltage (1.4v), and stable, you can run as long as you want. You will want to get your volt/temp readings during rendering of course.

Thank you too. yeah I have those tools actually .. I'll do that and I hope that my Hydro 80 shows itself as a man LOL.
!