impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within next week :)

BUDGET RANGE: $1200 CAD Including 13% Tax

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mainly gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.tigerdirect.ca, infonec.com, ncix.ca,

PARTS PREFERENCES: I'm most likely going to get an i5, I also want a big power supply and nice big case

OVERCLOCKING: I dont need a new cooler, but I will get one eventually, so currently no overclocking.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
I want to get a big case (either antec 1200 or Cooler master haf 932). I also want a big powersupply so I can potential do crossfire, sli or support new upgrades (Corsair tx750w seems good), I also plan on buying a monitor that supports 1920 x 1080 resolution (I will probably buy the ASUS VH242H monitor), and I already have a HD4890 so no video card is needed).

I am leaning towards an msi gd65, i5 750, 4gb of g.skill ripjaws 1333mhz, corsair tx750w, antec 1200, WD caviar 500gb HDD, LG 22x dvd player, VH242H, and then re-using my 4890, though I'll be only using 32bit vista untill christmas time when I'll buy a 64bit windows 7 home premium. Feel free to spend up to $1215 CAN including the 13% tax!

I need confirmation on the build because I will be buying parts in the next few days!!!

Yea, that's a good build. Make sure to get RAM with low timings and latency.
And I make that as $1140, looking quickly on newegg.ca, don't know what they'll be on the sites you listed.
You might also want to look for an optical drive that is SATA rather than IDE. (The only LG 22x dvd I saw on newegg was IDE) And if my assessment of the price of those components was correct then you could go for a samsung or pioneer or another reputable brand of dvd burner/player maker, can't remember the name of atm.

impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009

D'OH, thank you, you were right the 22x LG dvd player was ide! But I found this one http://infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=449589, which is SATA.