Recovery Console

I just installed Recovery Console. When I run it, it
gets to the point where it asks for an Administrator
Password. I am the only person using this PC. There is
only one account on this PC and I am the Administrator
and I DON'T use a password. The Recovery Console
directions say if the password is blank that I should hit
ENTER to continue, but it won't continue. It asks 3
times for the password, and says its an invalid password
each time and then reboots. I finally tried creating an
Administrator Password and it still won't accept it or
continue on to Recovery Console. Can anybody help me?
Please email me at scott83838@aol.com if possible.
1 answer Last reply
More about recovery console

    "Scott" <scott83838@aol.com> wrote:

    >I just installed Recovery Console. When I run it, it
    >gets to the point where it asks for an Administrator
    >Password. I am the only person using this PC. There is
    >only one account on this PC and I am the Administrator
    >and I DON'T use a password. The Recovery Console
    >directions say if the password is blank that I should hit
    >ENTER to continue, but it won't continue. It asks 3
    >times for the password, and says its an invalid password
    >each time and then reboots.

    See "'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On
    to Recovery Console in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308402).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Microsoft Recovery Console Windows XP