RAM: corsair xms2 DDR2 800mhz
PSU : 600w modxstream OCZ
GPU : gtx 260

I have this cpu overclocked to what CPU-Z reads

Core speed : 2983.7 MHz
Multi : x 13.5
Bus Speed : 221 MHz
HT : 1105.0 MHz

No matter how hard i try to increase the Bus speed it will not increase.... I hit a wall.

I can increase the bus speed in bios and it will read correctly, but when i load up CPUZ and OCCT to run tests both programs read what i posted above.

Any ideas?

CnQ is disabled.

Motherboard bios has not been updated to the newest yet, but i dont see that being a factor.

More about : amd athlon x64 5200

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 3:04:57 AM

If your CPU is a G1 model then that's probably as high as you can go. It could also just be the motherboard. Did you loosen your memory timings, raise the memory divider (set the RAM speed lower to 533) and lower your HT link to 1GHz (5x)?
m
l
February 7, 2012 3:56:19 AM

megamanx00 said:
If your CPU is a G1 model then that's probably as high as you can go. It could also just be the motherboard. Did you loosen your memory timings, raise the memory divider (set the RAM speed lower to 533) and lower your HT link to 1GHz (5x)?

Changed the HT to 5x and dropped the ram speed to 533. The HT speed chagned in cpu z ,but Bus speed still the same, and clock speed still the same.

In bios my clock speed reads 3xxxMHz and bus speed is at 250 w/ a x 13.5...

Gah, im just gonna leave it at 29xxMHz... i know its not a huge increase, but i guess it will do :fou: 
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 7, 2012 3:40:02 PM

Try lowering the HT multiplier to 4x. Forgot that was a nForce 570LT board. If you don't have active cooling on the north bridge it's probably overheating with your HT link at 5x. 4x should give you slightly more stability allowing you to hit a 250 FSB before breaking 1GHz on the HT link speed. That board was designed with a 1GHz HT link speed in mind after all. If you can position a fan at all over the north bridge I recommend you do that too for long term stability ^_^. This may help you get a few extra MHz out of it. You need a good cooler if you want to get to 3.2 Ghz though. The stock cooler isn't good for much above 3Ghz
February 7, 2012 4:10:31 PM

megamanx00 said:
Try lowering the HT multiplier to 4x. Forgot that was a nForce 570LT board. If you don't have active cooling on the north bridge it's probably overheating with your HT link at 5x. 4x should give you slightly more stability allowing you to hit a 250 FSB before breaking 1GHz on the HT link speed. That board was designed with a 1GHz HT link speed in mind after all. If you can position a fan at all over the north bridge I recommend you do that too for long term stability ^_^. This may help you get a few extra MHz out of it. You need a good cooler if you want to get to 3.2 Ghz though. The stock cooler isn't good for much above 3Ghz

I have a sunbeam core contact w/ fan on the chip ATM. This morning i pushed the HT link to 400 and ran OCCT and w/ in 15 seconds i received an error. I changed the HT link to 800 and ran for almost 2 hours and no errors...
Probably cause my ram was clocked at 667, but showing 737 or something in that range...

Oh and my bus speed is still set @ 221 w/ a x13.5

If i drop the HT to 400 i will have to equal or lessen the ram speed correct?

As far as the NB HS, there is barely any room between the cpu HS and the GPU. :??: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 1:58:33 AM

Yeah, putting your HT link to 2 (400 Mhz) would cause odd behavior :D . Anyway your HT link speed is your HT link multiplier times your bus speed (though it's not really a bus speed in the traditional sense). So when you have your HT link multiplier at 4x and your bus speed at 221, your HT link speed is 881MHz. As for the RAM speed, it's your CPU speed divided by the memory divider which in this case I believe would be 8 giving you a DDR 745 (372*2) Mhz RAM speed
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 2:00:20 AM

Considering you have a core contact freezer on there I'm guessing you have a G1 chip. Anyway since you had it stable for 2 hours I say you raise the bus speed a little more and keep testing for stability. Make sure to watch your temps, but unless your case ventilation is crappy I don't think temps will be the limiting factor.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:18:10 PM

Best answer selected by BroHamBone.
m
l
!