Monitor HDMI Porblem

cdpace

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Hello guys,

I jsut recently baught a Asus 23" Monitor and its working great, but my problem is that it is currently only working with the VGA port. The wirte is connected to the VGA port on the monitor and to a DVI on the Graphics card via an adapter from VGA to DVI.

Now i wanted to connect the monitor to the graphics card via a DVI to HDMI cable and when I tried this the monitor isn't displaying any picture it just says no signal. I tried DVI-I to HDMI and DVI-D to HDMI cables and still no difference. The only difference is that when i use the DVI-I to HDMI cable the monitor said no signal found and when i used the other one the monitor didn't even display a message.

My Graphics card is BFG Nvidia 9800 GTX if that makes any difference.

Can anyone please help me with the problem your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you from adavance.

Regards,
Christian Pace

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
9800 gtx has dvi-i (integrated analog and digital) output . so it would work only with Dvi-i to hdmi . this is most probably with the card not outputting the correct signal ,your cables and monitor and card are fine . if you have another monitor , then try connecting it first via vga and boot , open nvidia control panel from desktop , connect lcd , go to "setup multiple monitors " and "detect display" ... get a spare monitor from a friend if you can .