g-unit1111

Titan
I want to see if I can push 3 - 4GHz and with my board (Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3). I think I could pull it off. I got my system temps down to about 30'C idle and maybe 39'C - 41'C on full use. What would I need to set my multiplier, blck frequency, and voltage at to achieve that speed?

Quaddro

Distinguished
For first, buy best after market HSF that you can afford. at least cm 212+, for minimal recommendation.

*you can set fsb to 286 (depend on ability of your mobo)
*set the voltage at least 1.45 -1.5v (maybe need more, but if you have gold batch, you'll need less), actualy for x6 processor, the highest safe voltage is 1.475v..
*decrease the memory frequency to 1066
*set your ht link speed to 1.4ghz
*set your cpu nb speed to 1.4ghz

and voila..
it's a 4ghz x6 1055T processor..
Try to strees your component for stability testing.

g-unit1111

Titan

I have two systems and my other one actually does have a Hyper 212 installed, I really like it - it keeps my CPU cool down to 21'C on idle and 28'C on full use.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
I have the same motherboard and a 1045t overclocked to 3.4 Ghz with this small cooler and a second fan for a push-pull setup.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103064

I can tell you that leaving the voltages in "auto" generated too much heat for my humble cooler. (The voltages were in the mid 1.4 range on auto)

I ended up with a negative voltage offset that brought my full-load voltage to around 1.33 to 1.34 volts @ 3.375 Ghz. Max temp is 55c after an hour of prime95 with average temps a few degrees lower.

I set my FSB to 250 and only changed the timing on my Patriot sector 5 ram from 7-7-7-20 to 9-9-9-24 and let it run at 1333 (1332 actually).

I also lowered my turbo multiplier so that it only turbos up to 3.7 Ghz. I was getting BSOD when it was trying to turbo on the low voltages at 4Ghz.

I have been using this setup for almost a week and it's been great. Just crunched a bunch of HD video from the track over the weekend and it cut through it like butter.

If I could fit a larger cooler in the case, I would probably up the voltage and go closer to 4 Ghz, but 3.4 is still pretty snappy compared to the stock clock.