Is this SLI configuration possible?

Hi, I own this XFX nVidia GTX285 Black Edition [see specs here] (it is overclocked and I guess that's why they called it "Black Edition" -- which is now discontinued), and I want to buy this ASUS Matrix GTX 285 [see specs here]. I would want to have a SLI configuration with these 2 cards, will that be possible? Considering the two different manufacturers and also the differences in specs?

Many thanks

Cris
6 answers Last reply
More about configuration possible
  1. i think you can SLI them but i'm not sure how it will impact your performance :??:
  2. Just remember to run the faster card in the primary slot.
  3. No need to worry and if it makes you feel better you can overclock the lower clocked card to that of the xfx.
  4. Yeah, try OC'ing the slower card to the black's clock speeds (shouldn't be difficult at all, since manufacturers OC very conservatively)
  5. Thank you for the answers, guys. And another question I forgot to mention in the initial post, will a 750 W psu be able to power up these two cards?
  6. Criss-AC said:
    Thank you for the answers, guys. And another question I forgot to mention in the initial post, will a 750 W psu be able to power up these two cards?

The 280's use over 200w @ load 285's I'm not sure but it's probably similar so together with the rest of the system you might be pushing it a bit close to the edge. I'm sure I remember reading an article where a 1000w PSU was required but that may have for a tri-SLi setup.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Configuration SLI Graphics