OCZ Black Edition - AMD profiles update problem!

I have a pair of OCZ black edition cl8 sticks which are compatible with AMD overdrive but in the online update panel it is all grayed out so i cant get it to connect to download the AMD profiles which is why i bought them for, it seems not many people have them yet so i cant find any info on them. anyone have any experience with this issue?

Specs:
Phenom™ II X4 QUAD CORE 955 'MBOX'
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 MOTHERBOARD
OCZ DDR3 Black Edition CL8 x2=4gb
MSI ATI Radeon HD 5850
Corsair TX-950
Cooler Master STORM SNIPER Case
Win7 Ultimate
12 answers Last reply
More about black edition profiles update problem
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

    If U want change the settings of your RAM, U can do it from the BIOS not onlr from AOD.
  2. saint19 said:
    Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

    If U want change the settings of your RAM, U can do it from the BIOS not onlr from AOD.

    yes i know but the reason i bought the black editions was so i could use the amd online profiles supported by this system. any ideas how to activate it?
  3. Ok.

    These are the requirements for AOD.

    AMD OverDrive™ utility is compatible with the following operating systems:
    Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    Windows Vista (32 or 64bit)
    Windows XP (32 or 64bit)
    AMD CPU and a compatible AMD Chipset motherboard are required for installing and using AMD OverDrive™ utility.
    AMD OverDrive™ utility supports the following chipset models:
    AMD 790FX
    AMD 790GX
    AMD 790X
    AMD 785G
    AMD 780G
    AMD 770
    AMD OverDrive™ utility is not compatible with the following chipset models:
    AMD 780V
    AMD 760G
    AMD 740G
    Previous AMD Chipset models (e.g. 690G or 580X) or non-AMD Chipsets
    Certain features of AMD OverDrive™ utility require a motherboard with compatible BIOS version and may not be available on all supported hardware configurations.
    AMD Black Edition Memory Profile –feature is available with the following, validated memory modules:
    Vendor: Part #: Supported CPU Models:
    Corsair CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Corsair CM3X2G1600C6GT 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Corsair CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Corsair CMG4GX3M2B1600C7 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Mushkin 996657 965BE (C2), 955BE
    Mushkin 996601 965BE (C2), 955BE
    OCZ OCZ3BE1600LV2G 965BE (C3), 955BE
    OCZ OCZ3BE1600C8LV2G 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1600LLKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1600ELKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1333LLKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1333ELKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    In addition the system must meet the following requirements in order to enable the Black Edition Memory Profile feature:
    790FX, 790GX or 790X AM3 motherboard with BEMP (Black Edition Memory Profiles) compatible BIOS revision
    AMD Phenom™ II AM3 Black Edition CPU
    [


    So.

    1- Do you have the correct RAM?
    2- Do you have the last AOD version?
    3- You need use AOD as advance user to find the BEMP. (Preference, settings, performance control mode, advance mode)
    1- Check this page, you can find a example of the BEMP´.
  4. Ok.

    Quote:
    These are the requirements for AOD.

    I havethe latest BIOS and the latest 5800 series card drivers which includes the latest version of catalyste

    Quote:
    AMD OverDrive™ utility is compatible with the following operating systems:
    Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)

    I am running WIN7 Ultimate 64bit

    Quote:
    AMD CPU and a compatible AMD Chipset motherboard are required for installing and using AMD OverDrive™ utility.

    I am using the black edition MBOX 955 chip with C3 stepping
    http://shop.amd.com/AMD-Black-Edition-Processor-711835434/amd/prices-html

    Quote:
    AMD OverDrive™ utility supports the following chipset models:
    AMD 790FX


    I have an GA-790FXTA-UD5 the 790 part I think denotes the chipset
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3258
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=mY9i_uR6ar8&feature=related

    Quote:
    AMD Black Edition Memory Profile –feature is available with the following, validated memory modules:
    Vendor: Part #: Supported CPU Models:
    Corsair CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Corsair CM3X2G1600C6GT 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Corsair CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Corsair CMG4GX3M2B1600C7 965BE (C2), 955BE, 720BE
    Mushkin 996657 965BE (C2), 955BE
    Mushkin 996601 965BE (C2), 955BE
    OCZ OCZ3BE1600LV2G 965BE (C3), 955BE
    OCZ OCZ3BE1600C8LV2G 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1600LLKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1600ELKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1333LLKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE
    Patriot PGS34G1333ELKA 965BE (C3&C2), 955BE


    I am using a matched pair of OCZ3BE1600C8LV2G
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_pc3_12800_black_edition_ready_cl8_dual_channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPK_F29QvQ

    In addition the system must meet the following requirements in order to enable the Black Edition Memory Profile feature:
    790FX, 790GX or 790X AM3 motherboard with BEMP (Black Edition Memory Profiles) compatible BIOS revision
    AMD Phenom™ II AM3 Black Edition CPU
    [

    I have an GA-790FXTA-UD5 the 790 part I think denotes the chipset
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3258
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=mY9i_uR6ar8&feature=related

    So.

    Quote:
    1- Do you have the correct RAM?

    http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_pc3_12800_black_edition_ready_cl8_dual_channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPK_F29QvQ

    Quote:
    2- Do you have the last AOD version?

    i am using the latest version of Overdrive - 3.1.0. the version in your link is an older 3.02

    Quote:
    3- You need use AOD as advance user to find the BEMP. (Preference, settings, performance control mode, advance mode)

    I am running AOD as administrator and when selecting advanced it is giving me no extra options!? it does nothing at all when i click advanced...?
    it's very frustrating!!

    Quote:
    1- Check this page, you can find a example of the BEMP´.

    coolo, I understand the options part i just cant get into the options to change or update anything. strange?
  5. oh forgot to mention
    versions no's:
    bios is 6.00pg F2
    card bios is : 8.712.0.0
    catylste version is: 2010.0302.2233.40412
    processor driver is 6.1.7600.16385
    card version is 5800 series: 8.712.0.0

    maybe ive got the wrong version of something, not sure?
    any help is much appreciated
  6. Quote:
    i am using the latest version of Overdrive - 3.1.0. the version in your link is an older 3.02


    I have the same version that you have, and the program show to me the options that the link show. Uninstall and install again AOD, but install again with right click and "Run as administrator"

    Quote:


    Only mainboards listing AOD in their specifications can support this feature. All other board models will require manual overclocking.

    Your mobo is this and don't have listing the AOD in the specifications.

    This ASUS Crosshair III have listing the AOD in the specifications.
  7. saint19 said:
    Quote:
    i am using the latest version of Overdrive - 3.1.0. the version in your link is an older 3.02


    I have the same version that you have, and the program show to me the options that the link show. Uninstall and install again AOD, but install again with right click and "Run as administrator"

    Quote:


    Only mainboards listing AOD in their specifications can support this feature. All other board models will require manual overclocking.

    Your mobo is this and don't have listing the AOD in the specifications.

    This ASUS Crosshair III have listing the AOD in the specifications.


    coolo, will give it a try. cheers
  8. hmmm.... still no joy!
  9. Hey oktakill, what happened any luck? I was looking at the AMD site and this is at very bottom : "In addition the system must meet the following requirements in order to enable the Black Edition Memory Profile feature:
    790FX, 790GX or 790X AM3 motherboard with BEMP compatible BIOS revision
    AMD Phenom™ II AM3 Black Edition CPU" that to me means your mobo, even though it is the correct model, it may be wrong version but if the mobo bios are updated to the newest it might work. I hope you get it fixed. The BEMP in AMD AOD are way more adjustable then manual bios way. Please post either way. Good luck, bud.
  10. WaterRabbit said:
    Hey oktakill, what happened any luck? I was looking at the AMD site and this is at very bottom : "In addition the system must meet the following requirements in order to enable the Black Edition Memory Profile feature:
    790FX, 790GX or 790X AM3 motherboard with BEMP compatible BIOS revision
    AMD Phenom™ II AM3 Black Edition CPU" that to me means your mobo, even though it is the correct model, it may be wrong version but if the mobo bios are updated to the newest it might work. I hope you get it fixed. The BEMP in AMD AOD are way more adjustable then manual bios way. Please post either way. Good luck, bud.


    Heya water rabbit, yeah all my hardware is compatible but still no joy. I have the latest bios to! all the options were grayed out at first but after reinstalling win7 they were accessible, alas when i click on the check memory button it says no updates available straight away and no specs come up in the listing which means it's still not reading them first for comparison at all, it's supposed to read the memory and show the current specs, then you click the update button to update to download the best profile for your specs/memory.......I got nothing but blank box's! It obviously cant compare anything if there's no data info to do it with. Any way's I googled the basic specs and manually put them into the bios but its really disappointing that its not working as easy or as well as advertised and AMD and OCZ both shunned me. on contacting them they both directed me to each other for assistance because they said it was the other ones hardware/software at fault not theirs. great customer support hey?!......assholes!
  11. oktakill, I know that on I my ASUS mobo they tell you to put the two memory sticks in specific slots when you choose to overclock . So check with Gigabyte and see if they do that also. I just bought my 1st Black Edition, it is the Phenom II X2 555 3.2GHz B.E. and I am in the process of buying memory but now I do not know if I'll spend the extra money on the AMD Black Edition optimized memory if I can't use the BEMP the rest of AOD will work with any correct memory. I am glad I know now but your hardware should be compatible so we are missing something but do not give up, at least not yet. Try what I said, call them at Gigabyte if you have to. Email can get ignored or not answered for a few days at least. Let me know and good luck, you'll get it.
  12. saint19 said:
    Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

    If U want change the settings of your RAM, U can do it from the BIOS not onlr from AOD.

    Hello SAINT19, even though this is not my thread, I wanted to say thanks for the info. I just got a AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2GHz B.E. and I am hoping BEMP is supported, my ASUS mobo is good to go with AOD but my CPU is not on that list. Hoping that the list just needs updating because that happens a lot. On one part of AMD's site it states that my CPU is "not" a Black Edition but in two other places they say it is and no plain versions were made that I know of. The box is right here and it is as black as they come! Anyway, your responses have helped me and I appreciate it. AMD is not the fastest but it is the Coolest !!! :sol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets OCZ AMD Motherboards