WEI Memory score from 7.5 --> 5.9

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I moved my ram (2x2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz) from slots 1 & 2 (where the score was 7.5) to slots 3 & 4 where the score went to 5.9. Memory is running in dual channel configuration in both setups. Any idea why the score dropped?

I moved the memory to get a little extra room for the CPU cooler. No noticeable decrease in benchmarks, but somewhat irritating WEI score.

Cheers
Schwizer
2 answers Last reply
More about memory score
  1. You don't need be worried with the score in the WEI, that isn't good for test the performance of your componentes and rig.

If you really want know the score of your rig, use 3D mark vantage, 3D mark '06, sysoft sandra....those are professional programs to test the performance of your rig.

Finally, if you don't see any change in the performance of your rig. Why you be worried?
  2. For those people who come here for answers, and who know that WEI is not the be-all and end-all of benchmarks but spent a fair bit of money on a custom machine and would like it to get the score they expect.

I changed two things and i'm assuming one of them brought the memory score back up to 7.6.

1) msconfig--> boot --> advanced options-->maximum memory off
    2) BIOS --> DRAM settings --> Ganged mode --> Enabled

Windows will complain that it needs to refresh the WEI, run WEI.

Cheers
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Windows 7