Sign in with
Your question

RAID 1 issue, please help!

Last response: in Storage
September 1, 2011 10:23:59 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my first RAID setup and I have ran into an issue. I have a saberooth p67 motherboard and I setup a RAID 1 array on the Intel 6Gbps ports with 2 hard disks, then installed windows on the array. Then the issue started when I plugged my other 3Gbps hard drives from my old computer into 2 3Gbps ports so that I could retrieve some data from them to my new drives. That was fine but after I shut down the computer and removed the other 3Gbps drives and booted the computer again, the controller started to recover the lost files. I thought that as long as I didn't join the other drives to the array I would have no issues. I realized that I should have formatted the drives before I shut down the pc.

How can I get it to stop trying to recover the files and just be the original array I started with and just keep the files that I copied to the array?.

Do I have to start from scratch again? :( 

More about : raid issue

a c 116 G Storage
September 1, 2011 8:19:37 PM

Starting over from scratch sometimes may be the cleanest and surest approach.
m
l
September 8, 2011 4:27:10 AM

No. It was fine. Must have just been because they lost power when I removed the hard disk. I was mistaken that it was part of the array.
m
l
a c 116 G Storage
September 8, 2011 1:36:12 PM

ajhoward said:
No. It was fine. Must have just been because they lost power when I removed the hard disk. I was mistaken that it was part of the array.

That's even better!
m
l
!