RAID 1 issue, please help!

Hi everyone,

This is my first RAID setup and I have ran into an issue. I have a saberooth p67 motherboard and I setup a RAID 1 array on the Intel 6Gbps ports with 2 hard disks, then installed windows on the array. Then the issue started when I plugged my other 3Gbps hard drives from my old computer into 2 3Gbps ports so that I could retrieve some data from them to my new drives. That was fine but after I shut down the computer and removed the other 3Gbps drives and booted the computer again, the controller started to recover the lost files. I thought that as long as I didn't join the other drives to the array I would have no issues. I realized that I should have formatted the drives before I shut down the pc.

How can I get it to stop trying to recover the files and just be the original array I started with and just keep the files that I copied to the array?.

Do I have to start from scratch again? :(
3 answers Last reply
More about raid issue help
  1. Starting over from scratch sometimes may be the cleanest and surest approach.
  2. No. It was fine. Must have just been because they lost power when I removed the hard disk. I was mistaken that it was part of the array.
  3. ajhoward said:
    No. It was fine. Must have just been because they lost power when I removed the hard disk. I was mistaken that it was part of the array.

That's even better!
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Computer Hard Drives Storage