Bumped (droped) pc crashes on startup

Jaydee123

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
pc was working fine untill i moved it from one side of the room to another i recall droping it very slightly not from many centimetres high on to my carpet,
now it crashes on startup when loading windows everytime constantly looping if i dont turn off the power, and also strangely my keyboard and mouse arent recieving power evrything was working fine before i moved the pc and yes i checked many times to make sure everything was plugged in correctly.

any idea on what the problem is?
is guna cost me?
thanks..

Boot problems:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems

Thread contains a checklist and troubleshooting tips.

I would disconnect, then reconnect everything (checks cable connections). If it works, you found the problem. If it doesn't, continue on.

Then unplug the keyboard and mouse and unplug all the drives. The drives are the only mechanical parts really susceptible to physical damage. Try to boot. If everything else is good, the system should successfully POST (generally a single short beep).

If the system works, connect the monitor and boot. You should see the normal boot messages until the system detects the missing hardware. If it doesn't work, you may have a bad video card.

Plug in the keyboard and mouse, then retest. If it works, continue on. If not, there's your problem.

Plug in the drives one at a time, testing after each one.