right click on title bar closes window/program

When I right-click on the title bar of a window or program in my
desktop computer, I don't get the usual context menu. Instead, the
window or program closes without warning.

This is not true in my laptop, only in my desktop.

Right-clicking anywhere else produces a context menu, as it should.

I have checked my mouse settings. Right-click is set to 'context
menu/alternate select'.

I would like to get my mouse back to behaving properly when I
right-click on title bars. Any ideas?

Mary

Just use the system menu.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html