After adding USB 2.0 hub (expand to 4), computer will not ..

After adding a GE USB 2.0 hub (expands to 4 slots), my HP
computer (with Windows XP Home) will not start back up...
I only get the blue and white HP logo..then nothing.
If I unplug the new Hub and restart the computer...no
problems. If I plug the Hub in after the computer is
running, there are no problems, works wonderfully.
Only at start up is there a problem...

Hello,

Did you had any usb memory or something connected to the HUB ? If you did
and have the usb boot selected prior to the hard-disk in your machine bios
than that can be the reason...