Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • Memory
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 8, 2012 4:47:04 AM

Hello

I know some of the best Air coolers like the Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Noctua NH-D14, etc. are so big that they cover some of the Memory Slots & if you want to use Memory like the Corsair Dominator or others that have high heat spreaders, you can't.

So I would like to know what would be the Best cooling Air CPU Cooler that wont block Memory Slots; for socket 2011 & 1155.

I dont care about Price, noise, etc. Just one that will cool the best because I would like to do some overclocking.

I know some might suggest Water cooling like the Corsair H100, but I dont want to use Water cooling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jeff

More about : cooling air cpu cooler wont block memory slots

February 8, 2012 5:07:17 AM

I have Zalman 9900 MAX and it's pretty good. My temps at 4.7Ghz don't go higher then 56C. Now remember ur case will affect temps too.
m
l
a b } Memory
a c 183 K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 5:25:26 PM

Thermalright Archon/Archon Rev.A/TRUE Spirit 140
http://www.thermalright.com/products/
You need a wide case though 9"+ coolers are 170mm tall.
And yeah you can use Dominators with large coolers like the D-14 = just remove the top fins on one or two modules.
Large double towers like the D-14 and Silver Arrow give you the option of mounting the fan on the exhaust side of the cooler.
You don't have to mount a fan on the dimm side and still have two fans in push/pull on the unit.
m
l
!