• CPUs
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 5, 2010 5:09:56 AM

Hello, I'm looking for some opinions on what CPU I should get. The two I have in mind are the Phenom II x2 550 and Athlon II x4 620. For the most part, I only plan on using the system to play WoW when I have time, but I like to run Pandora and other kinds of music programs in the background a lot, so based on that what do you guys think would be the better buy?

More about : cpu advice

January 5, 2010 5:16:42 AM

Both are nice, and both would work well for your needs. If you don't upgrade your computer a lot, then I think I would go for the X4 620. True, the Phenom II does have 6mb L3 cache, and has the possibility of being unlocked into a full on quad, but the 620 is a guaranteed quad core, and will still game well enough in WOW despites its lack of L3 cache
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 6:16:08 AM

Definitely go quad core. More and more new applications are taking advantage of it-- and you dont really need the clock speed for WoW.

The Athlon II X4 630 is only $12 more...($99 vs $112) I would probably choose it over the 620 because of the higher clock speed if you arent into overclocking.

Although the very sexy OEM Phenom II X3 Black is available for $109...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
January 5, 2010 6:29:39 PM

depends on which socket u have......if u have

AM2--get an AMD Phenom II X4 945 BE
AM3--get an AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
m
l
!