Azza Solano 1000 case & Xigmatek S1283 hsf

tictoc

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I am building a home server rig with Azza Solano full-tower case and Xigmatek HDT S1283 heatsink. I have a question for those who are using the same case and heatsink or heatsink of the same height (159mm).

Does the heatsink fit in the case with the side fan installed?

I believe the Noctua NH-U12P heatsink (H=158mm) just barely fits in the case (with the side fan installed) according to Legit Reviews. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the Noctual and there is a sale on the Azza Solano and the Xigmatek S1283 at Newegg. Btw, Newegg has the Solano 1000 and Azza Dynamo 850w psu combo for $90 after rebates.

I appreciate any advice.

bootlegusher

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Well I just contacted Azza about this very issue, so I will post the response for all to see: