BEST PC FOR 3D MAX 2011

natval2010

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hi,i need necessary help!i want to buy pc for fast rendering and really big projects.i have no idea about pcs,and what needs,the only thing i know is to use the programs. sellers here dont know what is rendering,and what it needs to be faster,they ask me if is for gaming,and even i go to buy maybe i buy something useless. pls help me.is very difficult for me,my boss give me few days to finish my project and my pc is dead.i have to go to one shop and tell them i want this pc with this things .budget is 3.000 euro maximum .thank you.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

I would go with the i5 2500k then overclock it. Ive seen the i5 OC higher than the i7 2600k. Main difference is hyperthreading which no game uses. Get i7 only if you are going to be doing alot of video editing. If not use that money saved on the i5 and put it towards a powerful SLI GPU setup, you are going to need a top end to run stereoscopic 3d at high resolutions.

I would get the i5 2500k over the i7 2600k. But if you want the best CPU currently for gaming get the new 6core Intel Core i7-990X, but its going to cost alot. $1000 usd. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115079&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-Intel-_-19115079

natval2010

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

i need it for video editing,not for gaming,what it best for this?i7 2600k?(sorry for to many questions)i dont know what is SLI GPU setup,it will be very helpfull if you can make me a list to show them . computer language is like alien language for me

mildsend

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
To rendering grafis u need more powerfull processors and a big memory & a great VGA card..
This that i can sugeest to you ^_^

Processer : Core i7 2600K because u need a powerfull procesessor..
Put Core i5 2500K add cache 3MB (u really need this) add 0,3MHz speed and Hyper threading and voila it its core i7 2600K ^_^ (over all : core i7 2600K its better 15% than core i5 2500K in raw performance decided which one that u need, consider it by your budget)..

VGA : put Geforce 580/570(minimum) in whatever brand that u choose, why i suggest you GeForce, because in graphic processing u cant depends on manufacture support u also need community support and most of designer use GeForce rather than ATI
Geforce :
PRo : Community base, driver support and partner ship with Adobe inc. Best performance in VGA card..
Cons : in a year they only update they driver twice time, use a lot of electical power..
ATI:
Pro: Driver update monthly, better performance/price, performance/watt...
Cons: Lack of community supprt..

Memory : u can choose, a couple with total of 8/12/16 GB (depends on your budget) PC 1800 DDR-3 on any brands, i suggest y choose which is offer a life time guarantee

Motherboard : choose Z68XP-UD3-iSSD for great performance in caching and ask for Intel Smart Response Technology (ISRT) to be activated while you setup your system..

Chassis : CBM Azza Solano Great ever Price/Performance Chassis..

Power Supply : this is depends on how many VGA that you choose you can ask retailer that near you, (warning : remember this all you CPU parts life n health is depends on this things, take a lot of care on this side..

Hard disk : Choose non ssd, sata hard disk.. dont choose a series with a green title ^_^ to have maximize performance..

Optical Disk : u can choose anything despite of ur need..

Cooling : Choose which one that you like :
Cooler master 212+ or,
Thermaltake Frio OCK (OverClock King) or,
Prolimatech Super Mega(u need to add a couple of fan) or,
Xigmatek HDT 1284.

monitors : choose LED panel with size and how many LED that your need

3D Max system requirements is asking for a professional quad GPU video card not desktop video cards.

SLI or Crossfire is the connecting of two or more desktop video cards together to combine their processing power.

you could also use a Blu-Ray burner

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106348

Hard drives

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136792
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148506

if you want to setup two or more hard drives in RAID, the Seagate would be my choice.

natval2010

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
mildsend,i have questions for you :)
1 VGA>>>>>.because i dont know what is vga,geforce,ati... can you tell me what to choose(examples), and how many of this i need?
2.POWER SUPPLY>>>>After you choose vga for me,what power supply i need?
3.OPTICAL DISK>>> i dont know what i need to choose
4.Hard Disk>>>i have the same questions like vga. :(
Thank you and sorry for too many questions :D