Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Blue Ray

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 29, 2009 4:52:08 PM

Hi

I have a laptop computer but no blue ray drive, if i download a blue ray movie to my pc how can i watch it on my Samsung blue ray player?

Can i transfer it onto a memory stick and somehow use the bluerays usb host?

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

More about : blue ray

October 29, 2009 4:57:56 PM

if you are downloading a blue ray movie, that would imply you are downloading an iso file of the original disc. WHICH IS ILLEGAL
October 29, 2009 5:02:58 PM

505090 said:
if you are downloading a blue ray movie, that would imply you are downloading an iso file of the original disc. WHICH IS ILLEGAL

ah ok Ill leave that 1 then

what is an iso file?
Related resources
October 29, 2009 5:17:39 PM

an iso is an electronic image file of a cd or dvd

Best solution

October 31, 2009 9:17:54 AM

You have an option of playing directly from your notebook or pc straight to your HDTV if your hardware is capable. Check the items below...

1) What is the video card of your notebook? Some of the notebook's video card today is capable of playing high-definition media such as Blue Ray (MPEG-4 format).
If you have that videocard then you have one of the requirements. Check with the manufacturer of your notebook.

2) Do you have a video output do you have on your notebook? At least you need a DVI port or HDMI. If this requirement is true connect the video out to your TV (DVI or HDMI) port.

3) Power DVD will enable you play MPEG-4. There is other software that is capable of playing HD format video.

4) HDCP Compliance: Blue-Ray Disc and other copy-write protected media will require HDCP compliant hardware and software. Items 1 to 3 must be HDCP compliant.

Non-copy right protected material doesn’t require HDCP compliant hardware/software. It will play directly.

Good Luck.

Note: These inputs/instructions do not condone in any way or form violation of copy right protection law.

October 31, 2009 2:32:40 PM

Yeah, I'm going to leave this thread with Leon's last words, "These inputs/instructions do not condone in any way or form violation of copy right protection law" and consider it 'solved' and thus LOCKED !!

I am all for freeing your own content, as my sig implies, but not about people DNlding content they obviously have no relationship to (BR author could've explained this to you if a friend's personal video). :non: 
!