Please help me find a CPU fan!

red620

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
i apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.
For those who like to cut to the chase, I need help finding a cpu fan! Sad red is sad ):

CPU: i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GH
MoBo: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61MU-E35--B3-.html#/?div=Overview

For those who want to understand the context:

Here's a long story short. I made my first build this summer (i actually used this forum quite frequently for all of my n00b questions, but forgot my information) and everything went better than expected. With one bold expectation. the CPU fan that came with my Intel i5 was garbage! My computer was having problems, I used speedfan to see if my CPU was too hot and it was hitting 90 degrees celcius! So I looked up all the info and bought a CPU fan i thought would fix the problem, but it didn't fit. Assuming that I messed up on the size, I returned it and made sure to doubly and triply check when I bought the next one. I got one that claimed to fit my specifications again, and it didn't fit AGAIN. It kinda stuck on there a little bit, but it's not a snug fit. I monitor my CPU heat with speedfan constantly, and it runs at about 50-60 degrees usually, but that's still too warm for my comfort.

Thank you for your help!

red620

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
@davcon: thanks for the advice. i switched to coretemp right away!

in all honesty, i have no idea what case i have. i can tell you that i didn't fully understand the value of having a good case when i was putting my build together, so I simply bought some cheap, crappy one.

@vollman: i will keep my eye on these for rebates if I find no better alternatives. Thank you!

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
The H60 mounts where the rear 120mm exhaust fan is. It isn't rocket science to tell if it will fit. The H80 requires more space (double thickness radiator and push/pull 120mm fans) so this will be subject to the case limits. But both take up less space than a standard air cooler.