Sign in with
Your question

Dvd disc wont come out

Last response: in Storage
September 2, 2011 1:26:04 AM

I inserted a disc normally. I then ejected the disc. The tray came out with no disc ... it must still be in there. I then put another disc in then ejected it and all seemed normal. How do I remove the disc?

More about : dvd disc wont

September 2, 2011 1:28:08 AM

But where would the disk go?????

There isnt really room in a Drive to fit more then 1 disk.
September 2, 2011 3:29:02 AM

DVD Disc terror!!!

I had an SH-223 DVD drive/writer into which I installed a DVD one day, an original mfg. program disk at that. I reinserted the tray by just pushing on it, I suspect many people do it this way. Well, I couldn't access the DVD so Natch!, I would just push the button on the drive and eject the disc then return to normal. Nothing... I tried to eject from Windows, nope. Well, "Crap I sez", I'll find a paper clip and stick it in that tiny hole. NUTHIN! No response, wouldn't budge. I was kind of worried as this was disc 2 of a 3 disc game set.
In desperation, I remove the DVD drive from it's case and proceed to remove the screws from the assembly. Any easy task.
Much to my astonishment I found nothing but tiny pieces of a DVD disc collected in the innards of the assembly. TINY! Smaller than a grain of rice. I dumped them all out on a sheet of paper and collectively they would not even have come close to equalling the size of a standard disc.
Where did the rest of it go? I'm baffled.

To this day I push the button on a CD drive to insert discs.
!