Sign in with
Your question
Closed

J Micron SATA on my p6t (non-deluxe)

Last response: in Motherboards
April 11, 2010 10:37:45 PM

There are hundreds up SATA ports on this puppy! What's the difference between the orange jmicron ports and the red sata ports. Is there any reason for me to switch my sata devices to the jmicron ones? Also, there are the Jmicron sata ports numbered 1-2, and the regular red sata ports labeled sata 1-6. Does the fact that my hard drive is plugged into port #3 make a difference?
and my motherboard has the "Drive expert" feature with turbo mode....wth is this?

More about : micron sata p6t deluxe

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2010 4:26:36 AM

jamesyboy said:
There are hundreds up SATA ports on this puppy! What's the difference between the orange jmicron ports and the red sata ports. Is there any reason for me to switch my sata devices to the jmicron ones? Also, there are the Jmicron sata ports numbered 1-2, and the regular red sata ports labeled sata 1-6. Does the fact that my hard drive is plugged into port #3 make a difference?
and my motherboard has the "Drive expert" feature with turbo mode....wth is this?

The JMicron controller is limited to two drives at a combined maximum of 2.5Gb/s, far less than the chipset's controller. That's because the JMicron controller uses a single PCIe lane in v1.1 transfer mode.
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2010 8:13:48 AM

Basically, I think they have the second Jmicron controller there in case you want to set up several hard drives in a RAID array on the red SATA ports and still have a way to plug in other devices. For normal use with a single hard drive, just plug it into one of the regular red SATA ports.
Score
Related resources
April 16, 2010 6:42:04 AM

Best answer selected by jamesyboy.
Score
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 12:49:23 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!