Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help!!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 5, 2010 4:46:46 PM

Ok I have a 2.4 ghz single core cpu.
I was wondering if i should buy a 9800 gt and buy a 2.9 ghz dual-core cpu or Keep my cpu buy a Hd 5770 and a new psu.
If you can find anything better let my know my budget is $210.

More about : question

a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 5:06:26 PM

what proccesor do you have?

this is better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
AMD Athlon II x2 Regor 2.8 ghz........59

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
XFX 5750................140
the 5770 is just an OCed version of this i think

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Seasonic 450 watt PSU..............70

this is over your budget but you could try this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Wolfdale 5200.........................65

and the 5750
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 5:14:48 PM

I have a AMD Athlon 64 3800+
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 7:29:03 PM

oh then you should go with a whole new build, you could get a phenom ii am2+ but not worth it later on
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 7:44:22 PM

Upendra09 said:
oh then you should go with a whole new build, you could get a phenom ii am2+ but not worth it later on




your cpu will bottle neck the 5 series video card big time.

but spend on a decent psu - get 600 watt absolute minimum - not that dear now and get the video card and upgrade the mobo and cpu and ram later - would go for a AM3 processor a Phenom 9 series what ever you can afford and some ram.
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 9:20:12 PM

Ok if i upgrade to an 2.8 dual-core will that bottleneck the card?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 10:12:52 PM

Hellboy said:
your cpu will bottle neck the 5 series video card big time.

but spend on a decent psu - get 600 watt absolute minimum - not that dear now and get the video card and upgrade the mobo and cpu and ram later - would go for a AM3 processor a Phenom 9 series what ever you can afford and some ram.


really? how about a propus, would that bottleneck the 5 series?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 7, 2010 2:09:13 PM

Upendra09 said:
really? how about a propus, would that bottleneck the 5 series?


the single core has not got the bandwidth to feed this card.

a dual core processor will be better, but for the money i would spend the money on a Phenom x955 - best for value..
m
0
l
a c 110 à CPUs
January 7, 2010 2:27:14 PM

When in doubt buy the best video card you can afford because, even if bottle-necked by your current CPU, you can move it to a new rig when you do a major upgrade 'down the road' ....
m
0
l
!