Sign in with
Your question

Help finding problem

Last response: in Overclocking
February 9, 2012 2:29:11 PM

I have had my OC settings set for... 3 - 4 months now and there has been no problems. When I game I get no artifacts, and when I run Prime and LBT there are no errors. However, I have started to notice that when I watch a video on VLC Player and when I use HJSplit to join video parts I notice that the video that I am watching starts to skip/freeze and have a lot of artifacts.

The video I am watching is not the one I am joining together if that is what you're wondering. I do not know what the problem is... is it with my CPU or is it with my GPU? I have Virtu turned on, not quite sure how to use it but I know it helps in some tasks so I leave it on.

More about : finding problem

a b K Overclocking
February 9, 2012 3:18:40 PM

Start by going back to stock setting. Do you still have a problem?
February 9, 2012 3:23:03 PM

I haven't tried that yet. I'll give that a try.
Related resources
February 9, 2012 3:31:26 PM

If you still artifact at stock you are in the market for new video card :) 
February 9, 2012 3:44:13 PM

maxinexus said:
If you still artifact at stock you are in the market for new video card :) 

Serious?! I just bought this one though... And, why do you say that? It still plays fine though? Battlefield 3, Diablo 3 and Skyrim all have no artifacts and run fine.
a b K Overclocking
February 9, 2012 9:42:00 PM

shoda said:
I have had my OC settings set for... 3 - 4 months now and there has been no problems. When I game I get no artifacts, and when I run Prime and LBT there are no errors. However, I have started to notice that when I watch a video on VLC Player and when I use HJSplit to join video parts I notice that the video that I am watching starts to skip/freeze and have a lot of artifacts.

The video I am watching is not the one I am joining together if that is what you're wondering. I do not know what the problem is... is it with my CPU or is it with my GPU? I have Virtu turned on, not quite sure how to use it but I know it helps in some tasks so I leave it on.

Why would you use a VLC player when you have Windows Media Player? I remember when I downloaded that player years ago, it came with spywares and viruses and stuff that make your system slow. Get rid of it ASAP.
February 9, 2012 9:49:29 PM

aqe040466 said:
Why would you use a VLC player when you have Windows Media Player? I remember when I downloaded that player years ago, it came with spywares and viruses and stuff that make your system slow. Get rid of it ASAP.

It works fine for me... doesn't slow down my system, doesn't and didn't give me any malware/spyware/adware/etc., and it works with almost all video formats out there. To each is their own.
a b K Overclocking
February 9, 2012 10:18:33 PM

If you use the windows media player do you still have those artifacts, or it only happens in VLC player?
February 9, 2012 10:25:18 PM

aqe040466 said:
If you use the windows media player do you still have those artifacts, or it only happens in VLC player?

I always watch my videos on VLC so I do not know. I will have to try it with WMP. However, the situation is hard to recreate. I download my videos via Jdownloader, and then once Jdownloader is done downloading them it usually merges them itself. That is when I usually get my artifacts, while Jdownloader is merging the separate parts.
a c 182 K Overclocking
February 10, 2012 5:13:04 PM

Why are you downloading split files to begin with.
I might run into a movie split in two once in a while maybe 1 out of 30 downloads.
I've been downloading extensively since 2003 and never used anything other then a torrent client.
a c 182 K Overclocking
February 10, 2012 5:17:53 PM

aqe040466 said:

Huh! VLC is superior to the crappy WMP included with Win7.
Never had an issue with VLC ever.
February 10, 2012 7:51:10 PM

davcon said:
Why are you downloading split files to begin with.
I might run into a movie split in two once in a while maybe 1 out of 30 downloads.
I've been downloading extensively since 2003 and never used anything other then a torrent client.

The videos I download are not available via torrents because they are released as they are subbed. And, they're too big to be uploaded via one link so they are split up.
April 2, 2012 4:12:15 PM

shoda said:
Serious?! I just bought this one though... And, why do you say that? It still plays fine though? Battlefield 3, Diablo 3 and Skyrim all have no artifacts and run fine.

The problems start with artifacts and usually means that something is going wrong with GPU or memory chips...(could be drivers). Anyway use it till it gives up completely or RMA it before your warranty wears out.
!