Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What is the difference? (EVGA 3 SLI)

Last response: in Motherboards
April 12, 2010 2:22:39 AM

EVGA offers two boards, one is $300 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1) the other is $270 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR)...
what is the difference between the two? do you get a $30 bottle of steak sauce with the $300 model?
I know newegg has them listed a lot cheaper... but I listed the MSRPs to avoid confusion... so we'll play with those...

More about : difference evga sli

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2010 5:36:18 AM

ironic_sobriquet said:
EVGA offers two boards, one is $300 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1) the other is $270 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR)...
what is the difference between the two? do you get a $30 bottle of steak sauce with the $300 model?
I know newegg has them listed a lot cheaper... but I listed the MSRPs to avoid confusion... so we'll play with those...

They are the exact same board physically. Only difference is that the A1 designation with EVGA boards is the "deluxe" package -- comes with lifetime warranty, extra sets of cables, etc. The TR is the bare bones package with a 2-year warranty. From the EVGA site:

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=5772...

The AR/A1 is the full retail box, includes all cables and brackets and comes with a lifetime warranty upon registration.
The TR/T1 is the light version, does not include all brackets, manual comes on CD, has only the essential cables and comes with a 2 year warranty.

AR/A1 - packing list:
Motherboard
I/O shield
NB fan
SLI bridge
Driver CD
Manual
USB bracket
Firewire bracket
Serial port bracket
6 SATA data cables
3 SATA power cables
IDE data cable
Floppy data cable
RAID floppy driver disk

TR/T1 - packing list:
Motherboard
I/O shield
NB fan
SLI bridge
Driver CD
2 SATA data cables
1 SATA power cable
IDE data cable
Floppy data cable

It also looks like the A1 package may have a few more "easy adjustment" type features enabled in the BIOS, but maybe not. For all I know they could be included in both models but just not mentioned with the T1.
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2010 5:39:55 AM

The board ending in A1 has a limited lifetime warranty, but the board ending in TR only has a two year warranty, for both you need to register on EVGA's website within 30 days of purchasing the board.
Score
Related resources
April 12, 2010 7:08:17 AM

huh, damn, guess I should have just looked harder!
next time...
Thanks!
-Ian
Score
April 12, 2010 6:19:42 PM

so, I found yet another model number...
RX

newegg has them for $150 and they have no colour scheme...

EDIT: also whats the difference between these and the Classified boards?
Score
April 13, 2010 2:54:29 PM

Best answer selected by ironic_sobriquet.
Score
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 12:49:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!