Closed Solved

What is the difference? (EVGA 3 SLI)

EVGA offers two boards, one is $300 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1) the other is $270 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR)...
what is the difference between the two? do you get a $30 bottle of steak sauce with the $300 model?
I know newegg has them listed a lot cheaper... but I listed the MSRPs to avoid confusion... so we'll play with those...
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what difference evga
  1. Best answer
    ironic_sobriquet said:
    EVGA offers two boards, one is $300 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1) the other is $270 (EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR)...
    what is the difference between the two? do you get a $30 bottle of steak sauce with the $300 model?
    I know newegg has them listed a lot cheaper... but I listed the MSRPs to avoid confusion... so we'll play with those...

They are the exact same board physically. Only difference is that the A1 designation with EVGA boards is the "deluxe" package -- comes with lifetime warranty, extra sets of cables, etc. The TR is the bare bones package with a 2-year warranty. From the EVGA site:

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=57729

The AR/A1 is the full retail box, includes all cables and brackets and comes with a lifetime warranty upon registration.
    The TR/T1 is the light version, does not include all brackets, manual comes on CD, has only the essential cables and comes with a 2 year warranty.

AR/A1 - packing list:
    Motherboard
    I/O shield
    NB fan
    SLI bridge
    Driver CD
    Manual
    USB bracket
    Firewire bracket
    Serial port bracket
    6 SATA data cables
    3 SATA power cables
    IDE data cable
    Floppy data cable
    RAID floppy driver disk

TR/T1 - packing list:
    Motherboard
    I/O shield
    NB fan
    SLI bridge
    Driver CD
    2 SATA data cables
    1 SATA power cable
    IDE data cable
    Floppy data cable

It also looks like the A1 package may have a few more "easy adjustment" type features enabled in the BIOS, but maybe not. For all I know they could be included in both models but just not mentioned with the T1.
  2. The board ending in A1 has a limited lifetime warranty, but the board ending in TR only has a two year warranty, for both you need to register on EVGA's website within 30 days of purchasing the board.
  3. huh, damn, guess I should have just looked harder!
    next time...
    Thanks!
    -Ian
  4. so, I found yet another model number...
    RX

newegg has them for $150 and they have no colour scheme...

EDIT: also whats the difference between these and the Classified boards?
  5. Best answer selected by ironic_sobriquet.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards EVGA SLI