r_manic

Administrator
Apparently you can get a set of six coasters recycled from motherboards for $12.99:
These coasters are made from old recycled Motherboards and wear a really cool and geeky look that will make them appealing to every geek and environmentalist alike. These coasters are the perfect way to spice up your usual company discussions or just plain relaxing cocktail parties.

Each coaster is approximately 4 inches in diameter (large enough to hold even the largest of mugs) and come in a set of Six, selling for $12.99 a set, which I feel is quite a good deal for the most geeky set of coasters there exists.
Source

Yet I'm thinking a lot of us here have old motherboards no longer in use; what kind of tools are needed to cut through the board cleanly, and in a shape of a circle?

Yet I'm thinking a lot of us here have old motherboards no longer in use; what kind of tools are needed to cut through the board cleanly, and in a shape of a circle?

Really tough scissors and a steady hand? XD
I'd love a coaster made from an EVGA X58 SLI Classified motherboard....

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

You could use a hole-saw if you didn't mind having a hole in the middle. But those photos are either doctored, or the motherboard pieces have been printed on, because those are not real circuits.

r_manic

Administrator

I wouldn't dare turning a still expensive mobo like the X58 into a coaster... perhaps wait until LGA 1366 becomes obsolete? :lol:

Oh well... maybe the Tom's Hardware team can write a quick how-to on this? I'm sure you guys have lots of mobos lying around somewhere :D