Sign in with
Your question
Solved

SSD freezes

Last response: in Storage
September 3, 2011 5:39:49 AM

Hello,

I have an ocz vertex 3 for my primary drive and several 2 TB hard drives for storage. For no apparent reason my pc freezes and I could not do anything. Sometimes this happens just after booting or when browsing the internet. I do notice that when this happens the hard drive activity light on the top of the chassis lights up. What boggles me is that this happens when I'm doing nothing to light applications. I've learned that if I just leave this for 2-3 minutes everything turns back to normal. What could be the cause of this problem? Please help. Thank you.

More about : ssd freezes

September 3, 2011 6:03:30 AM

Is your ssd drive set to go to sleep? Check your power management settings / hard disks.
m
l
September 3, 2011 6:45:35 AM

No. In have already set my ssd and hard drives to never go to sleep. Whenever my PC freezes the page is still displayed but the cursor wont move and nothing happens when I click the mouse. But after a while when the hard drive activity lights turns off my PC unfreezes. Another thing I notice is that the cpu usage meter on the windows side bar goes up 100%. So I am thinking that there is probably an application that is running in the background that I am not aware of. Does this usually happens? Thanks again.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 3, 2011 8:11:59 AM

No, I am unaware of that on my ssd + HDD setup. Can you expand the task manager to show task by all users and see what program is causing the 100% usage in the background? Also open resource manager to see what program is accessing the HDD.
September 13, 2011 12:31:14 AM

Best answer selected by revjacob.
m
l
September 28, 2011 9:05:54 PM

Did you find an answer? I have an OCZ vertex 3 also. My computer freezes 2-3 times a day for 30-45 secs. THough I do have cursor movement but clicking just turns all windows grey. After freeze is over everything works fine.

Yes, I do use sleep also. And I do have HD to never sleep.

Ron
m
l
April 19, 2014 10:58:18 AM

What seems to be the sollution here? I have also the same problems...
m
l
!