Is OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 120GB worth buying? Need advice.

Hi all.

Its time for me to upgrade to an SSD.

After some search i ended up selecting this one to be a potential buy.

OCZ Vertex 3 Series SATA III 2.5-inch Solid State Drive 120GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q81CKY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE


I am kinda worried though, there are some bad comments for him.

So.

Is it worths its money?
How reliable is it? I really want a very stable one.
Would you recommend a better one? (same price range)


Regards
7 answers Last reply
More about vertex 120gb worth buying advice
  1. I'd Recommend getting this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-Vertex-MAX-IOPS-internal/dp/B004W7D6RQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1315047741&sr=1-1
    BUT since the Vertex 43 is at $175, I rather get that but the MAX IOPS is still better
  2. legendkiller said:
    I'd Recommend getting this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-Vertex-MAX-IOPS-internal/dp/B004W7D6RQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1315047741&sr=1-1
    BUT since the Vertex 43 is at $175, I rather get that but the MAX IOPS is still better


    Is the disk you said the one that is one this benchmark?

    http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/high_end_drives.html
  3. legendkiller said:
    I'd Recommend getting this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-Vertex-MAX-IOPS-internal/dp/B004W7D6RQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1315047741&sr=1-1
    BUT since the Vertex 43 is at $175, I rather get that but the MAX IOPS is still better



    Buh, i cant edit.

    Is the disk you said the one that is on top of this benchmark?


    http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/high_end_drives.html
  4. steel-blade said:
    Buh, i cant edit.

    Is the disk you said the one that is on top of this benchmark?


    http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/high_end_drives.html

    Most Likely YES! It's the MAX MI=MAX IOPS... The Vertex 3 MAX IOPS Edition is a better one so Since the Original Vertex 3 120GB is cheap, It's your choice, Want the better one or the cheaper one?
  5. legendkiller said:
    Most Likely YES! It's the MAX MI=MAX IOPS... The Vertex 3 MAX IOPS Edition is a better one so Since the Original Vertex 3 120GB is cheap, It's your choice, Want the better one or the cheaper one?



    Well, it seems amazon made the choice for me.
    This disk can not be send in my country.


    ARG
  6. steel-blade said:
    Well, it seems amazon made the choice for me.
    This disk can not be send in my country.


    ARG

    Where you live in?
    I found some other site that has it but price is $100+ and idk if it can ship to your place?... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=349866&CatId=8
  7. in live in cyprus
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD OCZ Vertex Storage