What do you key in on

waynegman

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
When looking at todays best price points or better gaming monitors what do you want to look for.

Higher the resolution I guess is the better especially if you want a large screen but what else. At this point I have a cheap lcd from 2 years ago that might have cost $150-ish. Upgrading everything very soon. Looking forward to crysis possibly a 3 screen but I haven't spoken to anyone about that 3 screen gaming experience yet VS a larger screen.

I think I'm gonna buy a Radion 4870 for about $150 and then pick another up down the line after I get 1 screen of gaming going.

If you're going for multi-screen gaming, there is nothing better than ATI's newer HD5k lineup. However, if you're aiming for crysis multi-screen gaming, then you will need no less than the HD5850 ($300). It's an extremely great card, and will do you justice in your gaming needs. But for a 3-monitor setup on crysis, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want high settings, you'll need a CrossFire setup with the HD5870. But if you don't care much for eye-candy, go with a 5850.