Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Altec Lansing (Dell) ADA995 5 1

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2010 1:54:11 AM

HI

I had a dell dimension computer with this sound system. I now have a mac pro (love it) and wonder how I can just hook up the sub woofer? I have a denon system which I use the aux for the new computer sound system, but lacks the lows. Can anyone shed any light onto my problem?

Douglas
January 6, 2010 6:30:32 PM

What kind of inputs does the sub have? The pics I see all just show the back, with the ports for each speaker. Does it take a digital line in ie. it has all 6 channels on 1 cable, then splits the signal to each speaker via the subwoofer?
m
l

Best solution

October 17, 2011 9:47:53 PM

udougy said:
HI

I had a dell dimension computer with this sound system. I now have a mac pro (love it) and wonder how I can just hook up the sub woofer? I have a denon system which I use the aux for the new computer sound system, but lacks the lows. Can anyone shed any light onto my problem?

Douglas

I think this product should do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/5-1-Channel-Audio-Converter-Emula...
Related resources
October 24, 2011 12:37:42 AM

Thanks much rishgangoly. I purchased it and I think it will do the trick. I will post back when it is working.

Douglas
m
l
October 27, 2011 3:22:18 AM

Best answer selected by udougy.
m
l
October 28, 2011 5:47:08 PM

udougy said:
Thanks much rishgangoly. I purchased it and I think it will do the trick. I will post back when it is working.

Douglas

Please do. My cousin has the same unit and stays in the UK. I suggested the same to him. Not sure if he purchased it yet though.
m
l
!