Solved

Altec Lansing (Dell) ADA995 5 1

HI

I had a dell dimension computer with this sound system. I now have a mac pro (love it) and wonder how I can just hook up the sub woofer? I have a denon system which I use the aux for the new computer sound system, but lacks the lows. Can anyone shed any light onto my problem?

Douglas
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about altec lansing dell ada995
  1. What kind of inputs does the sub have? The pics I see all just show the back, with the ports for each speaker. Does it take a digital line in ie. it has all 6 channels on 1 cable, then splits the signal to each speaker via the subwoofer?
  2. Best answer
    udougy said:
    HI

I had a dell dimension computer with this sound system. I now have a mac pro (love it) and wonder how I can just hook up the sub woofer? I have a denon system which I use the aux for the new computer sound system, but lacks the lows. Can anyone shed any light onto my problem?

Douglas

I think this product should do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/5-1-Channel-Audio-Converter-Emulation-Sound-Adapter/dp/B004FJFBEC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318885182&sr=1-3
  3. Thanks much rishgangoly. I purchased it and I think it will do the trick. I will post back when it is working.

Douglas
  4. Best answer selected by udougy.
  5. udougy said:
    Thanks much rishgangoly. I purchased it and I think it will do the trick. I will post back when it is working.

Douglas

Please do. My cousin has the same unit and stays in the UK. I suggested the same to him. Not sure if he purchased it yet though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Dell Components