Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where to find HP laptop motherboard model?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Laptops
  • HP Laptop
Last response: in Motherboards
April 12, 2010 8:25:23 PM

Help please, I have a hp laptop (dv2845se) with bad mobo. where do i find motherboard's part number? Do i need to take laptop apart to find it?

More about : find laptop motherboard model

Best solution

April 12, 2010 10:03:07 PM
a c 199 V Motherboard
a b D Laptop
April 13, 2010 7:26:43 AM

ekg84 said:
Help please, I have a hp laptop (dv2845se) with bad mobo. where do i find motherboard's part number? Do i need to take laptop apart to find it?

Replacing a laptop motherboard is not an easy task. How do you know it is the motherboard thats bad?

Not trying to be rude but if you cant find the part number then a laptop disassembly might be more than you want to take on. I would let a professional do it.

This what you have? http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/12139188-...

Looks like a decent parts warranty. Are you still covered?
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2010 8:03:23 PM

yes, this is the one. This is actually my friends laptop and it's out of warranty. I am pretty sure that mobo is bad cause it was known issue on these models when sound card winch is integrated into motherboard dies due to overheating. I think i can replace it myself, I've disassembled laptops before to clean radiators, so it is not smth incredibly complicated. I just need to find mobos part number to be sure i order right board. I couldnt find any information about motherboard model on hp website so I've decided to ask the community.
There is a sticker with 2 numbers under ram sticks, looks like cpu and motherboards SERIAL numbers not part number...
m
l
April 13, 2010 8:07:46 PM

Best answer selected by ekg84.
m
l
!