Sign in with
Your question

Data recovery

Last response: in Storage
September 3, 2011 11:50:26 PM

I'm using Piriform Recuva to try and recover some data but all i can see is data from a previous owner, none of mine. i wonder if it matters if the drive has the same letter now as it did before? everything that comes up is labeled D:\ and its D now but was E or F before my drive crashed.

More about : data recovery

a c 116 G Storage
September 5, 2011 2:52:33 AM

Use the current drive letter, whatever that may be. As long as it is accessing the drive it should be able to recover whatever it can. Obviously files that are over-written cannot be recovered by normal means.
m
l
September 5, 2011 9:59:57 AM

You can also go for another data recovery software for recovery of data with the help of "Kernel for FAT and NTFS" windows data recovery software. It recover data after accidental delete (shift+delete) / format or deleted partition, corrupted data or drive etc. It has an user friendly interface and has am user friendly interface through which the user can preview his deleted or formatted or corrupted data in RED color, can save all or some selected files and folders to your location. It supports all windows file systems. It recovers data instantly. For more details - http://www.windowsdatarecovery.com
m
l
November 25, 2011 10:32:59 AM

Fast & Reliable Hard Drive Recovery, Computer File Recovery & Data File Recovery. 'No Data No Charge' Recovery Policy. Competitive quote. Live Help Support.
m
l
!